1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treating internal oak doors ?

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by tedaC, May 8, 2019.

1. tedaC

Hitman

2. bremen1874

Capodecina

I used Wickes clear water-based interior satin varnish on mine.

3. RockLobster

Wise Guy

4. Mark A

Capodecina

Osmo oil would be my choice. I use the Acacia tinted worktop oil as it gives a nice honey colour to the oak. They also do one with a slight white pigment that stops the oak from yellowing if you just want a more natural looking finish.

5. izzop

Wise Guy

6. phrases

Hitman

Not sure on wickes quality but you have to be careful because these are oak veneer and you may get bubbling as a result of using oil. I bought mine from B&Q and had to return 4/7 of them due to this.

Might of been a bad batch however. Beautiful heavy doors though really deaden sound but trimming is really less than they spec as i had to take quite a bit off the bottom and had to grab some iron on veneer as i had gone to the particle board underneath.

7. Mark A

Capodecina

Osmo oil shouldn't cause bubbling, there was a thread a while back and someone contacted the manufacturer and they recommended Osmo oil and said it was fine to use. Osmo oil doesn't actually soak in all that much, it's a mix of oils and hard waxes and produces a semi surface coating. It's not like Danish oil that is designed to soak deeper into the wood.