Triple Monitor Stand - Ikea Linnmon Desk

Associate
Hi guys,

been a while since I posted. I purchased a triple monitor stand a while back but haven't yet fitted it. The arm clamps to the back of the desk but with the desk I have its around 2" thick and filled with cardboard. I am using one 24" benq monitor and 2 x 21.5" benq monitors.

I am tempted to sell the monitor arm I have and replace it with one that just sits flat on the desk rather than clamping to the rear of the desk (doesn't look quite as good in my opinion).

Does anyone have experience with this or any possibly fixed? I have seen a few photos where the 3 monitors are just to heavy and the clamp breaks into the desk and the monitors come forward.

Thanks for reading.

My Monitor Stand
Monitor Stand I May Need To Get?

I have a length of wood protecting the underside of the back of the desk where the clamp bites in. Is a cheap laminated (probably MDF beneath) desk but no issues thus far supporting three monitors.

I have read to put a thin strip of wood or metal to spread the load. I am hoping if I just put it underneath the desk it will be enough as it will look a bit strange having a piece of wood/metal sat on top of my white desk when going for a clean look. lol. Defeats the object of have the monitor arm to make it look clean. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom