Triple monitors and a stand

Associate
OP
Yeah hopefully, atleast then we know whether to stay interested in the product or run to XFX for a premium cost. Just wondering if it was a dodgy batch.

Shame overclockers dont stock the stand so you'd get better customer service etc.

Wouldn't say it's been bad particularily, just slow!

They're processing a refund for me now, so I've now bought one (of the same!) from the more northern supplier. As the southern one doesn't show any potential stock till April! :O Will have a new one saturday.

If I have the same problem again, I'm just going to buy the XFX one from here and be done with it!

On the overclockers note, I did put a product suggestion in to see if they could source the same/similar/better triple monitor stand for upto 24". No luck so far, but maybe in future!

Associate
Wouldn't say it's been bad particularily, just slow!

They're processing a refund for me now, so I've now bought one (of the same!) from the more northern supplier. As the southern one doesn't show any potential stock till April! :O Will have a new one saturday.

If I have the same problem again, I'm just going to buy the XFX one from here and be done with it!

On the overclockers note, I did put a product suggestion in to see if they could source the same/similar/better triple monitor stand for upto 24". No luck so far, but maybe in future!
So its not going to be long until you should have the monitors setup and attached to a fully complete and working stand. Then we can see some pictures and you can finally get into some gaming.

If you have any issues with this one, I think I'll just buy the XFX direct from overclockers as well at some point. Would be nice if they could source a similar stand though.

Associate
OP
So its not going to be long until you should have the monitors setup and attached to a fully complete and working stand. Then we can see some pictures and you can finally get into some gaming.

Well, but only using 2 monitors. I could hook my laptop upto the other one to utterly confuse myself...

Not going to have a fully working setup till after the 20th March - going to pick the cards up stateside and bring them back with me (actually did this for my i7 980, GTX580 and the 24GB Vengenance ram I'm currently using. As well numerous SSDs)

I realised later on that I'm not likely to be in most of saturday. Fail much? See what time the couriers appear. Might be Monday instead.

Associate
OP
Success!

This one came with all the right parts, and I now have all 3 monitors on one stand, on the floor..

Took about 10 minutes to do most of the stand setup. Would've been useful to have 2 people when lifting the monitors into place.. Lack of weight distribution makes it tip over :D

Next to get it back onto my desk, working out if I need to put it on the shelf for extra height, and then get the monitors into something like aligned...

Associate
That's good to hear. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with it, aligning/build quality etc. Aswell as images.

But atleast you have it now, so no more messing around with customer services hopefully.

Associate
OP
I'm nearly there, I think. The question is going to be how OCD/anal I get trying to get them into align.

Moving each monitor individually vertically is slightly annoying, you've got to push it up on the bracket, then change the forwards/backwards tilt to counteract the height change. There's also some movement of the extension part of the arm bringing the screen forwards and backwards. Then after some more moving around, you might need to move the outer monitors slightly more towards the center on the arms.

The height on the rear pole only affects the mid height of it.

Probably with a bit more fiddling, and angle changes, I can probably get it a bit better

Certainly, if anyone is lurking/reading with any insight on how best to manipulate them further... Any tips greatfully recieved! :)

Associate
I would personally be really OCD if one of them is slightly out of alignment, as I am currently with the standard stands. Especially if you knock one of them and then sit there for a good few minutes straightening it.

Associate
OP
It would seem in most cases to have them line up side to side, they need to be pretty flat against.

There doesn't seem to be enough movement in the arms (rotates around the centre pole, can also rotate 10 degrees at the join point). There's then 20 degrees of tilt and swivel.

To make it not so flat, and hence have the edge of the screen so far away, you need more of an angle, but then you end up with a V shaped gap between the outer monitors and the center monitor.

Code:
  _
/   \
  x

Code:
 ___

x

I can't decide whether to have it flat, though the outer edge of the monitors are a lot further away, hence more head movement, or have it angled with the V shaped gap.

The limited pictures in the instructions would suggest the setup is supposed to be more flat, with a bit of an angle, but neither of the suppliers have any actual images of it setup with a monitor on it...

Associate
So as soon as you move the outer monitors closer to you (angle) then you start to get a gap between each monitor. If so that sounds rather bad for my use and overall gives the XFX stand a point.

Associate
OP
So as soon as you move the outer monitors closer to you (angle) then you start to get a gap between each monitor. If so that sounds rather bad for my use and overall gives the XFX stand a point.

Indeed. There doesn't seem to be enough flexibility to be able to move the monitors so much.

Let's see if their technical support can advise any..

Associate
OP
From their tech support:
Thanks for your email, Unfortunately you will always have the problem you are reporting unless you have bezeless monitors, I can only suggest you return the stand for a refund

Indeed Azcam11 seems to be fairing a lot better, but I've got a lot more space between - will upload some pictures later this afternoon.

I don't think having them all flat is going to be good long term due to the ergonomics and the movement to view them

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think the main problem here is the lack of movement in the arm. Moving the first part of the arm pointing further back (on the part from the centre stand) would allow for better positioning. But the stand doesn't give anywhere near enough of a range of movement.

The XFX one would look to not suffer from this issue: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pimg/GX-199-XF_37752_400.jpg

I guess I'm boxing this one back up, and ordering an XFX one from Overclockers just before I get back from the USA...

Unless anyone has some last minute bright ideas?

Associate
I don't really understand, you want to have them angled in a tighter circle but don't want the V gap? In that case the panels need to be 90 degrees to desk. When they're flat you can tilt them how ever you like because theres no overall curvature but as soon as you start to assemble them into a circle they need to be 90 degrees to the desk.

I've got a TS743A and don't have this issue, i've raised the unit as high as it can go and put the screens at 90 degrees to the desk. The only issue i have is i like to have the screens at a very aggressive curvature but my screens are 23" 16:9 Dells with not the thinest of bezels so it's very tight. Can fix that with a little bit of drilling to the arms to make the reach 5-10mm more.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't really understand, you want to have them angled in a tighter circle but don't want the V gap? In that case the panels need to be 90 degrees to desk. When they're flat you can tilt them how ever you like because theres no overall curvature but as soon as you start to assemble them into a circle they need to be 90 degrees to the desk.

I've got a TS743A and don't have this issue, i've raised the unit as high as it can go and put the screens at 90 degrees to the desk. The only issue i have is i like to have the screens at a very aggressive curvature but my screens are 23" 16:9 Dells with not the thinest of bezels so it's very tight. Can fix that with a little bit of drilling to the arms to make the reach 5-10mm more.

Have you got a few pics please?

Back
Top Bottom