Trouble getting PC to load Windows install

Associate
I need some help... I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 after using Ubuntu the last few years. I’ve burned the iso from Microsoft onto a dvd, however when I choose the boot device it just boots Ubuntu regardless. So I burned another disk thinking the first was maybe corrupt but same problem. So then I tried via usb drive which was no luck, and finally reverted to trying Win 7 via usb and again nothing is loading, they all go into Ubuntu and it’s driving me up the wall!
I don’t understand what I could be missing, and yet if I put in the old Ubuntu dvd it loads the install for that just fine!
Maybe there’s no going back to Windows!

Does anyone have any ideas of BIOS settings or ways to try and get the install to load? My Google fu doesn’t seem to be working for this issue.
Thanks

Soldato
Just seems like your pc is set to boot off the hdd\ssd before trying the DVD or USB port. When you boot your pc do you get the option to press a key for the boot menu? For example my pc is set to boot off my ssd so if I want to boot from USB I press f8 during post which then gives me the option for USB as well.

One other thing are you using a USB 3 port or USB 2? My pc will not detect my USB stick if it's in a USB 3 port but fine from 2

What mobo do you have?

Associate
Try tapping F11 after turning on the PC, if the mobo is new enough it should give you the option to choose which drive to boot from.

Back
Top Bottom