Tsohost issues

Soldato
We've been happy customers of Vidahost for god knows how long - 10 years, maybe more - and since the merger/takeover/GoDaddy monopoly with Tsohost we've had major issues. Our websites have been down for most of this morning, and most of yesterday, and that's only when we've been checking.

The only response I've had on Live Chat (which you also have to wait for MUCH longer than we did with Vidahost) is due to "high server load". Ok...

I know loads of people have jumped ship but cost-wise and everything else I wasn't fussed by the merger, but now it feels like I simply have to; the up-time must have been close to 50% over the last 2 days.

Anyone else experiencing issues? Where have people jumped to?

Soldato
OP
Well, we're with Krystal now. Service and speed has been far superior so far (though nothing we didn't have with Vidahost before). Raised a complaint with TSO Host for a pro-rata refund of our hosting plan.

Even before the DNS switch our websites were painfully slowly, sometimes taking up to 10 seconds to load (if at all). And we have a gigabit line here.

Shame.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't even bother asking. They moved me to another server to do a PHP upgrade and in the process corrupted all MySQL databases. Fortunately they were still on the old server (which is also a bit worrying) so they restored them from that.

Jump ship!

Soldato
OP
I'm with tshost is there any good deals about ?
Also what do I need to migrate ?

If you're on cPanel you can just do a backup and restore, pretty straightforward. Krystal will do the restore end for you anyway.

Last month Vidahost/TSOhost did some changes on the server I was hosted on and half of my sites no longer loaded, kept blaming it on only having 100mb of free space left on my hosting but I cleared it down to 400mb free, removed a 1gb database (corrupted) and still had issues. Turned out they'd updated the PHP and left all my sites on the wrong version, after insisting that I upgrade to a package with more space. The patch is still holding for now, would love to migrate away but I need the older PHP as my sites are ancient and don't have the time to re-do them all (custom gallery with over 1,500 photos).

Shouldn't be that difficult to upgrade your PHP version; 1,500 or 1,500,000 photos will still rely on the same few lines of code.

Soldato
OP
had a few issues this week with email from TSO host which has been a royal pain in the backside for my business, to the point I'm looking for an alternative.

bit of a thread hijack but how easy is it to do a switch of host for 7/8 websites with zero to little downtime

Pretty easy. That was my migration, with 2 of those being quite active business websites including mail etc.

All the .co.uk domains and DNSs were pretty much instant, .com took 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom