TSOHost

Soldato
Anyone checked their tsohost account recently?

I was on the £14.99 annual package as I don't use it much.

Without saying anything, it looks like they have now cancelled that package and moved me on to their 'Deluxe' hosting at £71.88 a year.

Anyone else had similar?

Then to top it of, you login to the supposedly 'new hosting page' and it says

'Hardware Upgrade, Congrats! We've just boosted your servers speed with new NVMe SSD hardware.'

Feels slower than dialup loading the page

Soldato
OP
yep, already raised a ticket.

the new package doesn't come into affect until Jun next year so in no rush at the moment

Soldato
They've been going down hill for a while but we've noticed a serious decline in service since December 2020.

We've already moved some of our clients to Stablepoint and we're likely to move away from them completely within the next 12 months.

Soldato
absolutely woeful atm

been with them for what must be 15 years now servers are slow despite us paying hundreds of pounds a year for supposedly top business packages and package changes being thrown at us with no notice with huge price increases.

actively looking at other options just now as they are shockingly bad both in service, support and price.

Soldato
Thanks for posting this as it's reminded me that I need to ditch them.
I was on the cheapest package as I just needed a place to host a few domains that get zero traffic and to occasionally host a file or two. Definitely overpaying now for what I need.

Associate
Just had a shocking bill from them, I've decided to cancel the hosting side.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dns provider and maybe a very basic hosting provider?

I've used 123-reg, godaddy, and daily in the past for domains.

I have 2 uk domains that are practically zero traffic but I want to keep them.

Associate
I have 2 wordpress sites on shared hosting with tso, and today I received my invoice so need to get moving if I dont want to be stuck for another year. I want to move anyway for ssl. If I moved to krystal would I be better of with shared or wordpress hosting? I host some images on one site used in emails, but think I could still do this with wordpress.

Are there any limitations to switching to wordpress hosting vs shared?

Soldato
I have 2 wordpress sites on shared hosting with tso, and today I received my invoice so need to get moving if I dont want to be stuck for another year. I want to move anyway for ssl. If I moved to krystal would I be better of with shared or wordpress hosting? I host some images on one site used in emails, but think I could still do this with wordpress.

Are there any limitations to switching to wordpress hosting vs shared?

Shared Hosting vs WordPress Hosting can be a bit of a marketing gimmick depending who you're looking at and what they offer.

In Krystal's case, it is actually the same product being their standard Shared Hosting at the same price - unless you go for the "Managed" option which you most likely don't need.

Shared Hosting can run WordPress just fine and I think they'll probably migrate it over for free for you too so you don't need to worry about that side.

Back
Top Bottom