Tubing layout - Advice

Soldato
Resized.
are you sure? could you put them in a spoiler tag pls

The problem I have is that if I use the res with the inner tube as the outlet, the particulates in the Mayhem's Aurora solution will likely settle in the res due to a lack of circulation.
only use the top tube, not the bottom one

Note: I have just tried forcing the res open with a tool used to take oil filters off tractor engines, that thing is stuck tight.

You just unscrew it ;)

Just realised I forgot to order hose clamps (OcUK was sold out). Will it be okay to run the loop without them?

yes, you need them.

Associate
OP
Compression fittings all the way. This is why you don't buy second hand watercooling gear. Get in contact with the person you bought it from? That fluid is not made for home systems.

I have, he said it came like it from EK. And at £3.50 a pop for the cheap ones, who can afford them these days (well if I didn't have to pay up £600 in rent I could but...well...meh :D)

Soldato
Believe me, this thing isn't coming undone. And I'll order some clamps now, hopefully OcUK have some (free postage).

IIRC,they have plenty

Compression fittings all the way.
+1
This is why you don't buy second hand watercooling gear.
wha?
Get in contact with the person you bought it from? That fluid is not made for home systems.errmmm WTF? :p

How typical, the day after I buy my stuff OcUK drop prices.....

:D

Associate
OP
if you have £10, then order 7/16 tubing and that'll be fine

Managed to grab some clips from the same place I got my tubing and water block. Hopefully they have 10, their website just says "In Stock", but considering all they supply is water cooling stuff I imagine they do.

Last edited:
Associate
just wanted to jump in on the thread to offer assistance

i sold snedie the EK basic 150 X 2 and from the day i got it i couldn't unscrew the res at all, i just thought it was meant to be this way as was the basic version if anyone can confirm if the basic one is meant to unscrew i will assist snedie on this

not sure if Rjkoneill can check stock of one or not

Last edited:
Associate
I don't know of any reason for it even being there, but I can't get it out either way both the ends on the res are stuck fast.

The reason it's there is to create an air lock if you have the inlet coming in from the top. If you do this without the inner tube when you turn off the system any air in the res will travel up the tube and into whatever is up there. In your case into the rad.

Associate
OP
Right, I think this should work:

Meh.jpg

>Res>Pump>GPU>GPU>Rad>Res>

Associate
OP
Or this could be easier to run tubing for:

Option2.jpg

>Res>Pump>Rad>GPU>GPU>Res>

[edit] Hopefully either of those two methods should allow me to over come not being able to modify the res. Let me know if I made a foul up anywhere.

Also, expect pics within the next week if everything gets delivered Tuesday :D

[edit 2] Is it okay for the pump to receive warm coolant?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom