TV Box - To keep or not to keep

Associate
You can easily get a hold of a box if need be.

I'd use a bike box myself, but not everyone has access to that easily, plus you'll need packing, that i have no idea on outside of purchasing some. Then you have the potential issue from shady companies, Samsung, Sony come to mind, refusing warranty because other damage was found due to incorrect packaging used. Funnily enough, which coincides with Asus being called out on this finally, by no other than Gamers Nexus.

ah right, i bought the s90c which i think is the 2nd best model from 2023 and its been amazing so far. I bought directly from Samsung as they was discounted by 500 on the early may bank holiday and i only got a 1 year warranty which isn't ideal but i did get the tv for a great price.

Generally speaking that model will potentially have a longer warranty due to its cost. But that's something you'd have to fight for under consumer rights as a 1yr life for £1k TV is unrealistic by near everybodies standards.

Soldato
I'd use a bike box myself, but not everyone has access to that easily, plus you'll need packing, that i have no idea on outside of purchasing some. Then you have the potential issue from shady companies, Samsung, Sony come to mind, refusing warranty because other damage was found due to incorrect packaging used. Funnily enough, which coincides with Asus being called out on this finally, by no other than Gamers Nexus.

Generally speaking that model will potentially have a longer warranty due to its cost. But that's something you'd have to fight for under consumer rights as a 1yr life for £1k TV is unrealistic by near everybodies standards.

I did read that if that model was bought after something like 31/03 then the warranty is only a year. I also asked Samsung customer service and they confirmed it is only 1 year unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom