TV card help needed

Associate
Hi,
Building myself a new PC in my office at the back of the House. I currently have SKY at the front of the house which is connected via coaxial cable to a TV in my office.

What TV card should I get to record SKY to my TV and playback to the TV at the front of the house.

I'm not sure whether the signal would be classed as the original Digital SKY signal, or analogue because I passed the signal along the coaxial cable from the RF connection.

It's a consideration that I could move the SKY box to the Office, but would I need to leave the PC on to watch TV in the front room, maybe that is an answer.

BTW - does getting a Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI mean I don't have to worry about getting a TV card at all.

Sorry, my first build, so this is alll new to me.

Any help please.

Last edited:
Associate
A VIVO (video in/out) card means you could use that input instead of a video card. You could not use the coax though - you would have to run a AV (composite) cable instead (via a scart adaapter on sky box) and I don't know if the distance will be a problem for the signal quality. The other problem is that to get the signal back to you TV you also can't use coax. You might be able to use one of the readily available wireless TV senders.
If you go for a TV card (which can take the coax as input) then get one with a hardware encoder (e.g. PVR-150) as they are much better quality and don't load you PC.
Hope somebody else can help further.

Back
Top Bottom