TV Card of the PC.

Soldato
Having used a fair few tv cards, if u got the room get a 14" portable TV for £50. If you wish to record tv via the pc, then a tv card it is, and the above post sounds about right.

Associate
bbreezeuk, do a google search for yakumo, and you should find what you need :)

BigDom, wow, I don't fancy re-installing XP just to get the card to work :(

I really like the card, when it works, it works really well, but I have the stuttering problem brought on when the heating switches on mainly and... more drastically, it causes my machine to "hunt" the SATA drive repeatedly on XP start and I've had enough... Terratec are getting the card back very soon.

Soldato
bbreezeuk said:
I have this usb freview thing and the software is terrible, can u tell me where to get the third party drivers so i can use it with power cinema 4 thanks

As Baron_Samedi said, look up Yakumo BDA drivers.

I will warn you right now that you'll have to reformat Windows.

For some reason, the BDA drivers refuse to install if you've already installed the Freecom ones from the CD/Website. Even deleting the *.ini files in the Windows directory fails to get it working.

Only thing to do is a fresh windows installation, connect the Freecom USB stick and point it to the Yakumo BDA drivers. Should work perfectly then.

Look up this problem on Google and you'll find loads of people having this problem.

Of course, this could all be solved if Freecom got their butts into gear and release some BDA drivers.

Permabanned
Baron_Samedi said:
bbreezeuk, do a google search for yakumo, and you should find what you need :)

BigDom, wow, I don't fancy re-installing XP just to get the card to work :(

I really like the card, when it works, it works really well, but I have the stuttering problem brought on when the heating switches on mainly and... more drastically, it causes my machine to "hunt" the SATA drive repeatedly on XP start and I've had enough... Terratec are getting the card back very soon.

Although it should not be causing the problems you have described digital TV is inherent to RF interference!!
Switching lights, florescence lights striking, petrol lawnmowers ..etc WILL cause serious interference and glitches to DVB transmissions!!
Not a lot one can do about it as basically your TV Arial picks up the arcing of electricity that is momentary created and this cause's the glitch. You can stop light switches from causing interference by replacing them with zero-voltage-crossing switches as obviously these generate no electrical arcs.

Associate
Alas it is too susceptible, more susceptible than my Nebula, KWorld, Freecom, Philips and Humax DVB tuners...

And as for the hardware conflict, well that could be down to my choice of mobo, but all the problems add up to a whole that I am not prepared to contend with given the price of the Terratec card :(

Back
Top Bottom