TV Card with scart

Soldato
Hi could someone recommend me a TV card with scart input, doesn't matter if the card is pci or usb or whatever, as long as it has scart input, thanks in advance.

Soldato
Do you mean specifically RGB scart?

If not you can just use a SCART -> S-Video or SCART -> Composite adapter to go in to any card with these inputs.

Soldato
OP
Not sure, its just a normal 21 pin one. I bought a scart to S-video cable for my Leadtek Winfast DTV1000-T and it just comes out in black and white. Im planning on putting sky on my pcbut my box doesn't have a composite output nor S-video just scart and analogue, but if i used analogue wouldn't it lose a lot of picture quality?

Soldato
RGB Scart (the best type) is still analogue, but yeah, it's a lot better than composite.

Unless you've got Sky+ I don't think the boxes output S-Video, so you need a scart -> composite adapter.

Before you do that, make sure the Leadtek app is set to PAL not NTSC though, that might sort out the Black & White.

Soldato
OP
Its set to PAL and still black and white. I'm sure i've seen a scart tv card, but just not sure where? Think it was on here somewhere.

Associate
my experiance with TV cards has been realy bad and i mean **really bad**

could any one suges a tvcard or usb tuner - **has to have an cox socket** for the roof antena - we have our tv signal bloced my some hills *sky saves day*

thanx

Associate
Justin said:
Its set to PAL and still black and white. I'm sure i've seen a scart tv card, but just not sure where? Think it was on here somewhere.

SCART-> svideo cables don't work in this scenario and you will just get the black and white picture that you see. You either have to use SCART -> composite (and lose quality but not that much - just a little colour bleeding) or buy a intermediary PAL RGB converter box to get svideo. The best option I found though was to buy a 2nd hand Grundig Sky box (Sky contract permitting) as certain models have svideo out.

I've not heard of a SCART TV card.

Back
Top Bottom