TV Licence Super Thread

Ken

Ken

Associate
Hi,

Either way I'm ****** is the way I see it. If I don't allow them in then I will keep getting harrassed. If I do allow them in I doubt they will believe me anyway when I say my TV downstairs is never used and the TV upstairs is my main PC display. The only time I watch TV is on catchup services and even then it's only ever going to be Top Gear or some cooking show whilst I'm eating lol. The TV downstairs I can pass to a relative I suppose but still what is the point of their visit when they ain't going to believe you? Or will they? Anyone ever allowed them in?

:confused:

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Cancelling because I don't watch live TV. I ain't paying 145 quid just to watch Top Gear live. That can wait till it's on iPlayer. My PC TV isn't tuned and there is no aerial socket in that same room. The TV downstairs I can detune but it be probably easier if I just give that TV to a relative as that does have an aerial socket behind it so as long as I ditch that TV I assume the licensing monkeys will be fine with this?

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
My mate doesn't have a license as he doesn't watch TV live. I was there when they paid him a visit and he just looked at the TV saw it was connected to a laptop and ps4 only and asked if he watched iplayer live, mate says no. Tv license guy says well we will know if you do so no worries and then gave him a document to sign and off he went.

I'm calling bull on the we will know bit but I guess it's possible.

I haven't had a tv license for 5 years and never had a visit. They send me a letter every couple of years asking if the situation has changed - notify them that you don't want/need a tv license and you won't have any bother.

The harassment is usually when people don't buy a license but also don't notify them that you don't need one.

Ahhh, that's reassuring. I'll notify them online then.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Thanks guys :)

I really don't want the hassle and have nothing to worry about so I will just allow them in if they do come round. Will detune or give away the redundant TV before my license expires this end of Feb.

Ken

Ken

Associate
OP
Wow this thread is still active :D

Anyway, if anyone was curious, I've not had any letters and I assume no visits otherwise there would be...letters.

Back
Top Bottom