TV licensing question

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I have a vague recolection of reading somewhere if it is battery operated then you dont need to have a license :confused:

Your best bet is to go the website and make contact

Associate
Hi there, I work for TV licensing.

This is a question I am unsure about.

I'll find out tomorrow for you.

My guess is if you are receiving a broadcasting signal in your vehicle, you would need to have a current license for your property.

But I am sure you wont get caught for not having a license if you had one in your car. An enquiry officer wouldn't go looking in cars for a TV that is receiving a broadcasting signal.

Don't worry about it tbh, you wont get caught.

I will find out tomorrow for you anyway

Townlea

Soldato
OP
Old Wino said:
This page:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/information/secondhome.jsp

goes on about a 2nd home but I would guess the same would apply to your van as it is mobile

'If you watch or record TV programmes in a second home which is a touring caravan or vehicle, or a boat, you do not need a separate TV Licence; you will be covered by the TV Licence for your main residence'

I did go to that page but for some reason didn't read past the first paragraph.:)
Anyway, thats good enough for me. Thanks guys.

Soldato
If you have a license at home then you're covered - but you might not be allowed to use a TV both at home and in your van at once. Doesn't sound very enforceable though!

Permabanned
you dont need a tv license, just watch it, its your human right to have the same basic level of life as anyone else and as the tv isnt seen as a luxury but a necesscity

Soldato
Townlea said:
Hi there, I work for TV licensing.

This is a question I am unsure about.

I'll find out tomorrow for you.

My guess is if you are receiving a broadcasting signal in your vehicle, you would need to have a current license for your property.

But I am sure you wont get caught for not having a license if you had one in your car. An enquiry officer wouldn't go looking in cars for a TV that is receiving a broadcasting signal.

Don't worry about it tbh, you wont get caught.

I will find out tomorrow for you anyway

Townlea

You should be the auto-don of all tv licensing threads ever tbh.

Associate
z0mbi3 said:
You should be the auto-don of all tv licensing threads ever tbh.

Lol. I don't know if that was a compliment or not but hey, I'm not that interested in TV licensing..So I don't know every aspect.

It's a load of tosh as 99% of the UK would agree, The 1% is the government that approve.

Soldato
Pretty sure it will be covered by your current TV license. As it will be running from a battery, and there are provisions to allow watching TV in a caravan so I guess that applies here too.

Soldato
Townlea said:
Lol. I don't know if that was a compliment or not but hey, I'm not that interested in TV licensing..So I don't know every aspect.

It's a load of tosh as 99% of the UK would agree, The 1% is the government that approve.

Well if the usual 1 licensing thread a week thread resumed you could pretty much put an end to it in 1 post. It's compliment and a curse :D

Associate
z0mbi3 said:
Well if the usual 1 licensing thread a week thread resumed you could pretty much put an end to it in 1 post. It's compliment and a curse :D

:) tar.

I can pretty much answer any question to do with TV licensing anyway.

Just this question isn't a common one lol

Associate
To be honest they havent got a clue. I have a TV license registered to this address. Still I get a threatening letter every month telling me they are going to fine me. No matter how many times I write to them or call them I still get the letters every month. Glad to see my license isn't being wasted on postage ;)

Associate
Ardmanz said:
Hey guys,

If I wanted to watch broadcasts from my vehicle (in this case a van) would I need a TV license? I have a TV license for my house.

Thanks!

As far as I know you do not need a TV license for a TV in a car... mobile home or caravan... we never bought one when we owned a caravan

Its not a fixed address so... how can you give them an address lol

Associate
fluiduk said:
To be honest they havent got a clue. I have a TV license registered to this address. Still I get a threatening letter every month telling me they are going to fine me. No matter how many times I write to them or call them I still get the letters every month. Glad to see my license isn't being wasted on postage ;)

You on direct debit?

If so you are talking to a load of dumb *****

It's going to get worse when they move Direct debit to India :mad:

Associate
I am on direct debit. Have been since day 1 and I still get the letters!

I usually takes about 4 hours to get through a person after wrestling with the computer, and then they are worse than the computer anyway lol

Back
Top Bottom