TV show - help identifying

Soldato
Hi all,

Talking about an old TV show at work but cannot remember what it was called.

2 teams of hackers having to complete challenges.
I'm sure it was filmed in some bunker
Made to look quite military, thinking back, it reminded me of the C&C cutscenes
They'd often have to hack computers to access webcams etc.

The hacking only may have been a small part of the show but it's all I remember.

Thanks

Soldato
Hi all,

The hacking only may have been a small part of the show but it's all I remember.

Thanks

I remember that one, just not the crucial bit - the name! I recall one episode where the task was to hack a web page, and one guy did it as there was a tiny (a couple of pixels) button hidden on the screen - which allowed him to then attack a login screen. I always remembered that and thought "wow, hacking is as easy as finding a hidden button" :D

On another note, though roughly in the same vein of this thread - there was a program that aired for all of one episode (as I recall) where they got a family to leave their house, and a forensics team then went through it looking for all sorts; they attacked the home PC and found that the teenage son had been looking at 'art' websites, and proceeded to do a full investigation into it. When the family came back for the results, the poor lad got outed in front of his family, and they took issue with the fact some of the 'art' he had been viewing, was quite extreme. The look on his face was priceless - a proper "ground open up and swallow me".

IIRC it was a Channel 5 show, no idea of the name, though it didn't scar me as much as the one they did where Cheggars had his kit off (full frontal too) :(

Sorry for the slight off topic!

Soldato
OP
I remember that one, just not the crucial bit - the name! I recall one episode where the task was to hack a web page, and one guy did it as there was a tiny (a couple of pixels) button hidden on the screen - which allowed him to then attack a login screen. I always remembered that and thought "wow, hacking is as easy as finding a hidden button" :D

On another note, though roughly in the same vein of this thread - there was a program that aired for all of one episode (as I recall) where they got a family to leave their house, and a forensics team then went through it looking for all sorts; they attacked the home PC and found that the teenage son had been looking at 'art' websites, and proceeded to do a full investigation into it. When the family came back for the results, the poor lad got outed in front of his family, and they took issue with the fact some of the 'art' he had been viewing, was quite extreme. The look on his face was priceless - a proper "ground open up and swallow me".

IIRC it was a Channel 5 show, no idea of the name, though it didn't scar me as much as the one they did where Cheggars had his kit off (full frontal too) :(

Sorry for the slight off topic!

Sounds like the right show, their hacking was rather basic and as you say, pretty simple stuff that was pretty much "there's a basic vulnerability, find it!"

Hunted?
[/MEDIA]

No, i'd say it was a lot older than that. it was more gamesmaster-ish, kinda dark and dingy

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Thanks
Jonathan Creek.

Back
Top Bottom