Twilight Struggle

Associate
Just wondering if anyone has played this. Looking for a new 2 player game to play and the scope of this feels epic. What are people's experiences?

Soldato
My wife bought me this for Christmas last year and we've played it quite a few times.

We both really like it but you need a good amount of time to have a full game - it's a whole evening activity and can take a few hours to play through.

It's very tactical and the scope and replayability (is that a word?) factor is great. My only criticism is that you can get ahead by trying to anticipate which cards might come up (e.g. Europe scoring in the first phase) and gain a significant advantage.

The fact that there are multiple different ways to win/score winning points is good - e.g. armies/realignment/space race.

Overall a fantastic game, one that we don't play as often as we should.

Soldato
I have it but not actually played the game on the table yet - my GF prefers playing on Steam because we can save the game and come back to it without having the dinner table out of action and the rules can be difficult to keep up with for her.

If you have the time and space it'll be well worth your time - if you can maybe give the Steam version a try to get a feel for the game.

Man of Honour
I've played the tabletop and the Steam version and they're both great. Pretty much agreed with all the pros and cons above really. I also found the Steam version was good for making me and my friend realise we'd gotten many of the rules wrong...

Back
Top Bottom