** TWO STUNNERS FROM SAMSUNG!! **

Associate
Question for anyone who has the 27", does it emit a buzzing noise? I'm about to RMA a B276HUL I bought from OcUK for this reason, but apparently it's a fairly common problem with the Acer so am looking at alternatives.

Hi mate,

Sorry this might be a bit late, but I have the 27" version and mine doesn't emit a buzzing noise. I did have to return 1 as the right hand side of the panel started dying and then pixels started dying as well.
It took about 4 calls to Overclockers just so they could note down all the faults, even after explaining them in detail to about 3 different people.
It was quite irritating having to call them up just because each of the last people I spoke to didn't write things down correctly.

Soldato
I have found it ok for gaming.

It's obviously not super responsive, but I have not found it to hold me back even when playing titanfall. Sure, there is some motion blur, and some might feel the input lag, but they have not bothered me really.

Colours and contrast are excellent though, and my current one does not have an ounce of backlight bleed. Games like alien isolation really shine on this.

They pixel pitch is actually spot on for me, but I don't sit a close as most do to a monitor...

Associate
I have found it ok for gaming.

It's obviously not super responsive, but I have not found it to hold me back even when playing titanfall. Sure, there is some motion blur, and some might feel the input lag, but they have not bothered me really.

Colours and contrast are excellent though, and my current one does not have an ounce of backlight bleed. Games like alien isolation really shine on this.

They pixel pitch is actually spot on for me, but I don't sit a close as most do to a monitor...

Tried to buy one this morning but the OC website wouldn't go further than stage 4 on the basket. Everything entered correctly but it just wasn't having it.

Really peed off about it.....

Soldato
Tried to buy one this morning but the OC website wouldn't go further than stage 4 on the basket. Everything entered correctly but it just wasn't having it.

Really peed off about it.....

That's a shame.

Really are decent screens. Now have two sitting here bought from different places, and both are really good.

The single most impressive thing is the complete and utter lack of backlight bleed.

Will really do me well until I see what the landscape is like down the line with 21:9 va screens.

Associate
The acer, using the same panel, also has the same issues. The panel itself is the problem. I think it's a case of wait until they release a revision which fixes the problem.

Back
Top Bottom