Tyre Inflator

Soldato
There seem to be 2 or 3 styles of these pumps that run from car 12v. I can't remember which one is the good one off the top of my head but it had the higher amperage rating and it usually comes standard in cars that dont have a spare wheel. I will get a photo of it at some point when i get to the car. They all made in china but this type is better than the rest, its more durable, reliable and faster. Some versions of it have slime adapter in it that does leak repair.

Associate
There seem to be 2 or 3 styles of these pumps that run from car 12v. I can't remember which one is the good one off the top of my head but it had the higher amperage rating and it usually comes standard in cars that dont have a spare wheel. I will get a photo of it at some point when i get to the car. They all made in china but this type is better than the rest, its more durable, reliable and faster. Some versions of it have slime adapter in it that does leak repair.
I wish I got one as standard in my car. Let me know which model you recommend

Underboss
this has been discussed lots of times

lots of info here :

Soldato
Old School leg exerciser

They're junk had the double barrelled one and it didn't last more than a couple years and didn't get a lot of use it would twist and rattle and felt like it was about to fall apart any moment which it probably was. If I was to buy in future I'd be looking for something branded like say a Draper

I got this one last year

It's ok but takes a while, and doesn't have enough charge to top up all the tyres on 2 cars if the need more than a couple of psi
More for push bikes then. I got a cheap jobbie from halfords its good enough for the occasional usage. The biggest problem with tyre inflators is the noise they don't half make a racket its ok in the daytime but late at night you'll have the neighbours opening the curtains wondering what the heck is going on

Last edited:
Soldato
I use a BV floor bike pump - and an analogue tyre pressure gauge (I don't use the gauge on the pump itself)

even to put in 4-5 PSI (into 235/40/R18 tyres) takes 2 minutes or so - it is surprisingly quick and little effort

I have been using it for pumping up the tyres (when required) on my car and bike for the last 7-8 years, it is near silent, reliable and doesn't cost any energy (other than my own)

Last edited:
Soldato
I use an Aldi ferrex cordless inflator which cost about £15 in a sale. I already had suitable batteries for the ferrex strimmer and mower.

It's a good unit, similar to a cordless drill but instead of a chuck it's got a short length of hose and a shraeder valve. There's a little digital panel on the back, you dial in the desired pressure and pull the trigger.

The GFs car has a very slow puncture and I have to top it up once per week. The unit remembers the last used pressure so I simply attach the valve, pull the trigger and wait for it to stop.

We also have an old school 12v compressor which has gathered dust since getting this new one.

Associate
If you have DeWalt power tools at home they do a very good tire inflator (also does air beds and other inflatable items) it's ££££££ though
My question is do you have any power tools? DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee all make tyre inflators. I love my Milwaukee 12 volt one.

Soldato
Avoid the BMW ones, they're miles from accurate!

I'm not sure I would trust any of them to be accurate and tend to use a separate tyre pressure gauge.
Auto express used to do tyre inflator group tests..

We've got a few of their recommendations, all are within 1 psi of each other including the cars TPMS and kwik fits guage, so I pretty much trust them enough.

Associate
I found an OEM one like Mav mentioned hidden in my boot well. They retail around £20-£25 and did a great job. All 4 tyres from 29psi to 36 in a min or so per tyre. Pressure reading matches on the device matches the tyre sensor reading .

Man of Honour

This one looks interesting. I like the idea of a cordless inflator for convenience, but only if they are able to inflate a tyre from flat. Most don't seem to have enough power to do that, but this one looks a bit beefier and claims to get capable.

A lot of the compact ones like that will struggle, though get there in the end, with any decent size tyre in my experience and only really ideal for adjusting pressure/topping up. But the ones a bit bigger can actually cope quite well. One of mine is a MOSIQTIVE branded one, sadly not generally available but a few on ebay, etc. and it will do a truck tyre in under 3 minutes from flat and probably do 4 of them, probably.

Underboss

This one looks interesting. I like the idea of a cordless inflator for convenience, but only if they are able to inflate a tyre from flat. Most don't seem to have enough power to do that, but this one looks a bit beefier and claims to be capable.

I have looked at that one, but I'd prefer tge bigger brother version

Back
Top Bottom