U-600 dead pixels!!

Soldato
Hi guys,
i have not had enough phones to really know about their screens and faults that occur...

but my 1month old ish samsung U600 appears to have at least 20 dead / stuck pixels.
before anyone suggests it, it is NOT DUST

most of them are green, a few blue i cant see many red... but i guess these would be harder to tell.

i noticed it the other dayw hen i turned my phone on in the dark and a black screen appeared. the screen is littered with stuck pixels!

is this normal, or should i take it back?
rb

*edit*
there are at least 30, and i can now see the red ones too

Soldato
OP
ive just counted them... ~130 stuck pixels !!!

ive been trying to take a photo but its quite difficult. if i get a good result ill pot a pic !

i didn't take out any of their outrageous warranty programs, so where do i stand?
obviously it has a manufacturers warranty, but this will mean i will be without my handset for god knows how long!

any advice?
Rick

Soldato
I would deffinatly take that back and ask for a repalcement tbh. Who is your network operator? See, my K800i when i got it last year, i had to get 3 replacements, when i called o2 they sent out a replacement and i just gave my old one to the delivery guy. my 1st one i had about a week, my 2nd and 3rd i had for about a month before they crapped out.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ghosteh said:
I would deffinatly take that back and ask for a repalcement tbh. Who is your network operator? See, my K800i when i got it last year, i had to get 3 replacements, when i called o2 they sent out a replacement and i just gave my old one to the delivery guy. my 1st one i had about a week, my 2nd and 3rd i had for about a month before they crapped out.

its on vodafone contract, it was taken through phones4u though . . . not sure if that will effect anything

why did you need replacements?

Soldato
R B CUSTOMS said:
its on vodafone contract, it was taken through phones4u though . . . not sure if that will effect anything

why did you need replacements?

Ahh, well i've never delt with p4u, i just did it directly, so I'm not sure on that front.

I needed replacements due to Firmware issues, crashes etc, but it was just replaced under manufacturers warrently, but o2 delt with it.

Back
Top Bottom