Ubistore worst of the bunch?

Man of Honour
Ubisoft have a promotion on atm, similar to Epic where you get £10 off a £14 spend. So there are some reasonable deals to be had.

However, their store is an absolute **** show. I've tried both on web browser and through ubi Connect, it keeps not loading the full list of games and lagging out. It even goes to a 404 when accessed via the app clicking their main sale button so you have to go in via the main page.

Trying to filter on the cheap games, sorting price low to high, it just grinds to a halt and doesn't list all the games, despite there being less than 100 to load.

They've somehow managed to make their system worse than it used to be :mad:

Steam, Origin, Epic, GOG etc all much better, heck even Microsoft Store isn't this much of a car crash.

Soldato
Works fine for me on a phone. Thanks for the heads up though - just got Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 & Far Cry 5 for the grand total of £5.25!

Caporegime
It's truly abysmal, like something from 2005.

Not sure about MS Store being better though that's also equally as abysmal. Good luck if an app/game ever freezes during install.

Man of Honour
OP
Works fine for me on a phone. Thanks for the heads up though - just got Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 & Far Cry 5 for the grand total of £5.25!
Just tried on my phone, same nonsense. Sort games by low to high price, click show results, scroll down to game list, nothing has happened, it still has a game priced at £17.70 at the top of the list.

It's truly abysmal, like something from 2005.

Not sure about MS Store being better though that's also equally as abysmal. Good luck if an app/game ever freezes during install.
MS Store is annoying for many reasons, ranging from poor download speeds (which is ridiculous as I get full speed for normal downloads from their CDN), compounded by issues where you have to restart downloads and lose progress, to confusing pricing systems around game pass games, to some weird encrypted file format making it harder to move games between windows installations.

But at least it seems capable of displaying the games it has for sale. You are being far too generous, by 2005 we had far better storefronts than this, less images but at least the functionality worked.

Man of Honour
Abysmal just like their games.

I mean obviously its always a matter of tastes but to be fair, I really enjoyed AC:Origins , Odyssey and Valhalla, and The Division 1 and 2, and Rainbow Six, and the Anno games, particularly Anno 1800, and the 2 South Park games, so I dont know that I would call their games abysmal :D

Soldato
I mean obviously its always a matter of tastes but to be fair, I really enjoyed AC:Origins , Odyssey and Valhalla, and The Division 1 and 2, and Rainbow Six, and the Anno games, particularly Anno 1800, and the 2 South Park games, so I dont know that I would call their games abysmal :D

Division 1 the only game of that list I enjoyed. AC games are absolute pony these days. The last decent one was was back in the days of Ezio.

Man of Honour
Division 1 the only game of that list I enjoyed. AC games are absolute pony these days. The last decent one was was back in the days of Ezio.

As I say, tastes. I mean Anno 1800 is a supremely good game and the 2 South Park games are a good laugh, I know that the AC games are very marmite, people either love them or hate them, I've gotten almost 1000 hours out of the 3 I mentioned there but Anno 1800 and the South Park games are universally well thought of (97% Overwhelmingly Positive and 88% Very Positive on Steam for the 2 South Park games and Anno 1800 even won Best PC game of the year at Gamescom in the year it was released and was nominated for the same award at the Golden Joystick Awards)

Soldato
As I say, tastes. I mean Anno 1800 is a supremely good game and the 2 South Park games are a good laugh, I know that the AC games are very marmite, people either love them or hate them, I've gotten almost 1000 hours out of the 3 I mentioned there but Anno 1800 and the South Park games are universally well thought of (97% Overwhelmingly Positive and 88% Very Positive on Steam for the 2 South Park games and Anno 1800 even won Best PC game of the year at Gamescom in the year it was released and was nominated for the same award at the Golden Joystick Awards)

One man's meat is another man's poison and all that. Personally I think everything Ubi regurgitate these days is absolute crud.

Caporegime
I bought AC Origins for a fiver last night on mobile, wow what an experience.

Took at least 10 goes for the site to recognise that I was selecting my delivery address and PP for payment, then I get a 403, then I get a 404. Turns out the game is in my account now.

Edit: But not in Ubi Connect :p

Charged but no game, awesome work Ubisoft. Golf clap.

Last edited:
Associate
The worst thing about it is that even if you buy Ubi games from other store fronts it routes you through the Ubi launcher anyway. Thing is a mess.
The same with EA and their Origin no? EA is probably even worse, since they have two lunchers now...
Anyway for me the worst so far is Epic Store... and I actually do not mind "UbisoftConnect" that much

Man of Honour
I've never experienced any issues with the ubi-launcher, no idea why, its not like I am a computer god or anything, maybe I've just been lucky.

Permabanned
I've never experienced any issues with the ubi-launcher, no idea why, its not like I am a computer god or anything, maybe I've just been lucky.

Once with AC black flag and once with Far Cry I've had the cloud saves mess up and lose a good 10 hours of progress. The interface and launcher are not that bad but the service in general has had issues for me.

Man of Honour
OP
To be clear I don't have any major gripes with the uPlay / Connect app when it comes to launching games, but the store is terrible, they've got a big sale on and it's still not working on the most basic of features. Just tried Edge instead of Chrome, still broken.

Back
Top Bottom