Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Soldato
Typical that I only downloaded LTS beta 2 yesterday morning for my x121e. :rolleyes:

Was good to see I no longer have to blacklist anything for my wireless so will be checking the full release out. More likely to go with Lubuntu at the moment though. :)

Last edited:

SMN

SMN

Soldato
I suspect its the usual, nothing different apart from a few package upgrades. Move along people.

Oh and the obligatory, "Unity sucks".

Soldato
I am very new to Ubuntu and have just seen that this is available for an upgrade. I assume it is incredibly slow because everyone is trying to get it? 40kb/s going to take around 5+ hours :o

Huw

Huw

Associate
Unity sucks!

Seriously though...Unity sucks. I've been nosing around for a distro to throw on my Aspire One so I thought I'd try the new Ubuntu with an open mind, but...yeah. Unity is still frigging awful. It's making a lot of common tasks really painful.

Oh, and I had to laugh at the slogan on their website: "Your Ubuntu, your way" Hahaha! Erm, no, which is why you're losing users in droves.

Associate
I've downloaded the .ISO but haven't got around to installing it just yet.

Currently on 11.10 at the moment. I must be in the minority, i actually like Unity. I would even go as far to say it's a pleasure to use and with the addition of the HUD in the new release it could be even better?

Although my experiance of the HUD while using 12.04 in LiveCD mode is that the worse your spelling the more likely you are to find what your after? :confused:

Soldato
Unity is a gamble, no other way of putting it.

It's much like Windows with the the Metro interface.

But I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying using it.

And with the news that ValvE could soon be developing on Linux only referrers how progressive it's going.

Back
Top Bottom