UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread SF ** spoilers ** [30th April 1/2/7/8/9 May 2024]

fez

fez

Caporegime
I imagine United fans had as much to do with that as any manager.

What, supporting him for ages until he finally fully gave up and the fans were sick of it?

Same as Rashford. Supported for his knows how long when he can’t be bothered and then when fans have finally had enough they throw a strop.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Man, it would be so good if BvB win the CL.

United might get a little bit back for Sancho :D

Sancho is a top player at the right club. I think at City he would be tearing it up.

Will be interesting to see if the next United manager brings him back or if the club want to cash in on him.

Caporegime
Tell ya what ETH must have killed sanchos confidence at ManU. Been exceptional back at Dortmund and you can't put it down to just being in the German league Vs EPL. He's been exceptional in the Champions League.
Exceptional? He's got 4 goal contributions in 17 appearances. Hardly good. He actually has better stats last season for us and that was nothing special. Sounds like h had a good game tonight but overall he's been poor for them.

Also he was poor before ETH too so silly to blame it on ETH. Especially as he gave him time off mid season last year to get his head sorted out. Fans were pretty supportive too, he got a huge cheer when he came back from that time out. He repaid them by refusing to apologise and deciding to play FIFA on his PS5 instead.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Said it before, managers are cheaper than 70m players. As soon as ETH is gone, he will be back. It's clear to the money people who is the bigger asset.

They are but having a culture of players being rewarded for acting up is awful for a team. There isn't a top team around that indulges bad behaviour. I'm sure if a new manager comes in he will be given a chance... as long as the club don't decide that they don't want that sort of player at the club. Which I can very much see.

Associate
Villas first European semis in 42 years tonight... Martinez and Tielemans out which is no fun, but I have faith in Olsen to keep it clean and I imagine Emery will chuck Diaby in for Tielemans and move Mcginn a little deeper.

Very nervous but I still fancy us to take a 2/3 goal lead to Greece next week.

Back
Top Bottom