UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [14th - 16th Sept 2021]

Don
Utd should still qualify comortably but if (and it's a big if) Atalanta and Villareal pick up maximum points from Young Boys, it won't leave them much room for manoeuvre.

Man of Honour
I'm actually shocked just how bad that was.

The only mitigating factors are that yes, we had 10 men which is obviously not helpful, and the astroturf pitch is rubbish.

But otherwise, just a complete mess... infuriating.

fez

fez

Caporegime
All the stats are coming out for Ole in the CL. Hes only won 13% of his champions league games. Hes lost 13% of our total CL losses whilst only managing for 4.5% of them. He hasn't won a single CL game without the help of a penalty.

Caporegime
All the stats are coming out for Ole in the CL. Hes only won 13% of his champions league games. Hes lost 13% of our total CL losses whilst only managing for 4.5% of them. He hasn't won a single CL game without the help of a penalty.

Incredibly small sample size and mostly against top teams. Also the last point isn't true. We thrashed Leipzig and were 3-0 up I think when we scored a penalty, we didn't need it at all.

Soldato
It isnt a small sample size at all. The tweet by Opta is :

13% - Manchester United have lost seven of their 11 UEFA Champions League matches under Ole Gunnar Solskjær. 13% of their total defeats in the competition have come under Solskjær (7/54), despite the Norwegian only being in charge for 4.8% of their matches (11/231)

There's no defending that.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Incredibly small sample size and mostly against top teams. Also the last point isn't true. We thrashed Leipzig and were 3-0 up I think when we scored a penalty, we didn't need it at all.

Its the champions league. Thats kind of the idea of it.... We are (in theory) a top team. We should have a better win rate than 13%.

Oles just a crap manager when it comes down to it. Decent at signing players, decent at man management and massively below par everywhere else. The low expectations of some of our fans despite our massive spending is amazing.

Either way I'm done. I've written the same thing about Ole for the past 2 seasons and nothing looks like changing. I'll still watch our games when I can but I can't be bothered arguing about Ole any more. Fans of every other team think hes a joke.

Man of Honour
It's seriously worrying, but we have to get out of the group, surely. If not, he has to go. Would be indefensible.

Soldato
Its the champions league. Thats kind of the idea of it.... We are (in theory) a top team. We should have a better win rate than 13%.

Oles just a crap manager when it comes down to it. Decent at signing players, decent at man management and massively below par everywhere else. The low expectations of some of our fans despite our massive spending is amazing.

Either way I'm done. I've written the same thing about Ole for the past 2 seasons and nothing looks like changing. I'll still watch our games when I can but I can't be bothered arguing about Ole any more. Fans of every other team think hes a joke.

It doesnt help that the sample size is supposedly small because United drop to the Europa league.

Caporegime
I mean those games are

PSG - 4 games
Lepizig - 2 games
Barca - 2 games
Istanbul - 2 games
Young Boys - 1 game

Nobody would be expecting us to beat PSG or Barca, Leipzig were semi finalists the year before and we went even with them. The problem was the dropped points to Istanbul (which was an individual error) and tonight which was two individual errors.

Back
Top Bottom