UEFA Champions/Europa League Qualifying Play-Off ** spoilers ** [19/20/21 August 2014]

Yay, we took off a 30mil man for AOC... who outside of two games after he comes back from a 3+ month injury... is ****.

Campbell on the bench looked genuinely impressive and threatening. AOC in 90% of his Arsenal performances is 95% bluster and 5% effective... so who comes on. Seriously Wenger, seriously? Not even Rosicky for the woeful Cazorla who as I speak takes a **** freekick.

Oh, Brilliant, well two crap performances from Ramsey in a row(outside of the goal he was useless against Palace), Cazorla with two crap games, Sanchez with two crap games, Giroud with two crap games, Cazorla with two crap games(said it twice because he was that bad against palace), Monreal looks crap.

Chambers looks impressive in both games, Wilshere was good but we've needed him to be higher up the pitch, made good runs in both games but he's being tasked in a deeper role.

Bellarin great in preseason, no sign of him, Rosicky looked decent, no sign of him Campbell looked good, no sign of him.... Sanchez, Ramsey, Giroud, AOC, all useless in preseason... crap against Palace. Same old Wenger, same old poor choices. How Cazorla wasn't the first sub in both games I don't know. Against Palace he was a candidate for being yanked off midway through the first half he was so bad.

Yay, we took off a 30mil man for AOC... who outside of two games after he comes back from a 3+ month injury... is ****.

Campbell on the bench looked genuinely impressive and threatening. AOC in 90% of his Arsenal performances is 95% bluster and 5% effective... so who comes on. Seriously Wenger, seriously? Not even Rosicky for the woeful Cazorla who as I speak takes a **** freekick.

Going to disagree with you.

Oxlade-Chamberlain comes on and does a job. It was him that added the impetous when we were chasing a result at the weekend, he is direct, he tracks back well. It wasn't the right substitution but AOC is a good player.

Going to disagree with you.

Oxlade-Chamberlain comes on and does a job. It was him that added the impetous when we were chasing a result at the weekend, he is direct, he tracks back well. It wasn't the right substitution but AOC is a good player.

He runs around a lot but has absolutely no effect on the game. His crossing, shooting, passing is poor. He'll pick up the ball and run at the opposition which is great, but outside of literally a tiny handful of games he just doesn't actually produce anything at the end of those runs.

He runs around a lot but has absolutely no effect on the game. His crossing, shooting, passing is poor. He'll pick up the ball and run at the opposition which is great, but outside of literally a tiny handful of games he just doesn't actually produce anything at the end of those runs.

You are right that he has not produced as well as he could have - given his injury record and the fact he has never had a run in the team that is no surprise. His passing isn't awful, it not Fabregas level but its good enough. Crossing he just put in two amazing crosses from corners, either of which should have been a goal.

Of every stupid ass mistake Wenger has made, refusing to bring back Fabregas is his worst.

Ramsey is now good in the box but his passing, interplay, defensive work, it's not remotely close to Fabregas in quality.

AOC did well and still didn't score :p better than usual from him but where the defence split to give him space to shoot... that wasn't the toughest shot in the world tbh.

Oh yeah, wooo, Rosicky on for Cazorla, plenty of time to effect the game..... oh, it's the 90th minute. Still no Campbell and Rosicky on, fine but the 90th minute when Cazorla has been shocking? What drugs is he smoking?

It's not just that Cazorla was terrible against Palace because that was a truly horrendous performance, it's that he kept him on, that certainly doesn't help the player nor the team. But he does it again in the very next game? But on top of that he pushed him wide last year because he bought Ozil in and Cazorla was poor all last year on the wing.

We have a winger/wide attacker on the bench who looks good and someone incapable of being good out wide, but he plays almost every minute of both games despite being the worst player on the pitch, seriously how is that even possible.

EDIT:- find it funny so many complained about time wasting of Palace at the weekend, I don't think we'll see the same complaints about Arsenal doing it somehow.

Last edited:
I'm really yet to be impressed by Sanchez. I don't believe that Liverpool were ever in for him , but based on what Ive seen so far, if we were then I'm content that we didn't get him.

Its early days yet of course and theres a lot of football to go yet, but so far he hasn't lit up for me.

Oddly, I really felt that the two teams going into the start of this season with real momentum and feeling about them , were Chelsea and Arsenal, but there seems something just not quite right about Arsenal at the moment. Maybe it will just take a little more time.

Back
Top Bottom