UEFA Champions/Europa League Semi-Final Draw [13th April 2017]

Caporegime
Wow, surely that's advantage Liverpool? I know Roma did well to beat Barca to qualify but I still think they're a fairly average side, particularly by CL semi-final standards.

All of the remaining teams have looked average at times during the quarter finals, Liverpool got played off the park 2nd leg against City and got decisions their way, Real Madrid were dross 2nd leg against Juve and poser Ronaldo did absolutely nothing apart from score a fortunate last minute penalty that they had been diving in the box trying to win for a good 30mins. I didn't really watch Bayern but they don't look anything particularly special either.

It's all to play for in my view, if Liverpool play like they did 1st leg against City they stand a good chance.

Don
That old chestnut eh?? Lol such a boring reply, I expected a better retort than that Baz lol.
Shall I predict the outcome of both semis?

Lol Real will smash Bayern but it could be a really close game or maybe Bayern will tear Real apart. Liverpool will smash Roma but it could be a really close game or maybe Roma will tear Liverpool apart Lol ;)

Soldato
after watching the officiating of both legs I wouldn't be surprised

I get the bitterness, after all we are in the semi final however what I don't understand is this nonsense about the officiating. If you want to bring up poor officiating then why not mention the foul on Van Dijk that led to one of Cities 4 shots on target in 180 minutes and how Sterling kicks out at Van Dijk and should have walked?

Then you have the ultra aggressive Ederson who quite easily could have seen red.

The idea that Liverpool won it because of a ref is absolute nonsense. We beat them convincingly and they bottled it.

Soldato
All of the remaining teams have looked average at times during the quarter finals, Liverpool got played off the park 2nd leg against City and got decisions their way, Real Madrid were dross 2nd leg against Juve and poser Ronaldo did absolutely nothing apart from score a fortunate last minute penalty that they had been diving in the box trying to win for a good 30mins. I didn't really watch Bayern but they don't look anything particularly special either.

It's all to play for in my view, if Liverpool play like they did 1st leg against City they stand a good chance.

We didn't though...we let them have possession, sat back and they couldn't break us down. Same amount of shots on target, twice as many goals.

Soldato
I get the bitterness, after all we are in the semi final however what I don't understand is this nonsense about the officiating. If you want to bring up poor officiating then why not mention the foul on Van Dijk that led to one of Cities 4 shots on target in 180 minutes and how Sterling kicks out at Van Dijk and should have walked?

Then you have the ultra aggressive Ederson who quite easily could have seen red.

The idea that Liverpool won it because of a ref is absolute nonsense. We beat them convincingly and they bottled it.

The decisions went more in your favour than city

Don
The decisions went more in your favour than city
City's first goal shouldn't have stood but the disallowed one should have and Fernandinho should have been sent off and Liverpool had a penalty right before Salah scored. Obviously people only talk about the decision that went against City because they lost but they were hardly as unlucky as some are trying to make out.

Soldato
City's first goal shouldn't have stood but the disallowed one should have and Fernandinho should have been sent off and Liverpool had a penalty right before Salah scored. Obviously people only talk about the decision that went against City because they lost but they were hardly as unlucky as some are trying to make out.

first leg salah was offside

Soldato
Over the course of the two legs Liverpool were the far better side. City were excellent for one half of football, other than that they mostly got blown away. Yes they were unlucky that their second goal didn't stand in the second leg, it clearly came off Milner, but the officials made poor decisions for both teams, so in my opinion they balanced out.

Poor old Arsenal drawing Atletico in the EL, I can't see them beating Atletico over the course of two legs.

Don
the score would have been either 3-2 to liverpool or man city agg by half time of the second leg, then man city would have gone on and won IMO
How have you worked that out? Even if you took Salah's goal away and correctly disallowed City's first in the 2nd leg, it would have been 2-1 Liverpool accounting for Sane's goal. And City were blowing out their backsides by the start of the 2nd half, which explained why Liverpool went on to score twice in that half and City barely had a chance.

Soldato
How have you worked that out? Even if you took Salah's goal away and correctly disallowed City's first in the 2nd leg, it would have been 2-1 Liverpool accounting for Sane's goal. And City were blowing out their backsides by the start of the 2nd half, which explained why Liverpool went on to score twice in that half and City barely had a chance.
LOL 2-1 good one

Back
Top Bottom