UEFA Champions League & Carabao Cup Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 19th September 2024]

Just watched the highlights in the RM vs Stuttgart game. Stuttgart should have won that game at half time, so many saves by Courtois.
Sounds like a typical CL tie for Madrid, lost count the amount of games they should have lost but didnt due to Courtois :/

R.E the Liverpool game last night, did I hear Clattenberg say that the ref needed to give Milan a few fouls to calm the crowd and players down? Mind boggling thing to say from a former member of the pgmol.

Last edited:
Re Liverpool.

After the weekend's shocker it seem to make last nights game more important.

After going a goal down it didn't look like it was going to end well (imo).

So that's a big result I think for them with an eye of how the season will play out.

From going a goal down to going 3-1 up that was a top class performance from us yesterday. As Nate touches on, after the weekends defeat we needed to bounce back yesterday and to go a goal down early on you could imagine the headlines being prepared but we just dominated Milan and could have easily won by a couple of goals more. Gravenberch was outstanding again and really looks at home in that deeper role. I don't think there's ever been any concerns ability-wise re Gravenberch but he seemed to struggle to find a position throughout his career and the big concern I had with him as a 6 was understanding the role and positioning from a defensive point of view however he just always seems to be in the right place at the right time. I've lost count of the number of times where he's anticipated where the opposition are going to pass and just stepped across and made the interception, and it's lead to a couple of goals already.
R.E the Liverpool game last night, did I hear Clattenberg say that the ref needed to give Milan a few fouls to calm the crowd and players down? Mind boggling thing to say from a former member of the pgmol.
Remember this is the guy that admitted (although probably a lie to cover up his shocking performance) that he should have sent 3 Spurs players off vs Chelsea but decided to 'let them self-destruct' instead.

Back
Top Bottom