UEFA Champions League/Europa League 12/13/14 February *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
missed most of the first half but caught all of the second. we weren't great tbh not sure why continue to persist with dempsey and manu may aswell not have been on the pitch. sig is pap, should've sold him back to reading!

lennon and walker had brief periods of good link up in the first 45 from what i heard but i didn't see much of that in the second. livermore came on for 3 mins and didn't look completely useless.

interesting to hear the commentator say that walker has spoken about how kaboul is the fastest spurs player over 100m! i can't wait until he's back.

holtby is what spurs have needed since vdv left and i like his presence on the pitch. shows no fear.

oh. and gareth bale. atleast other people can now start to believe the hype.

Caporegime
Well I didn't see any replays but likes like two perfect goals wrongly ruled offside.

Beggars belief what a shambles officiating still manages to be these days. :(

Pretty unbelievable if you lose the tie overall due to at least one of those goals not being allowed. THe first one is so obviously onside it was a joke, though as it happened I couldn't believe how bad the pass across the box was, nor that his shot trickled in to the net, Cisse did well with the ball behind him and I think(he's a righty ain't he?) on his weaker foot, and it seemed so agonisingly close to the defender as it went in, then it gets called offside when it was miles onside.

The second, is so borderline, theres two frames due to the movement I think when he literally first touches the ball he's onside, but as your foot stays in contact for a fraction of a second, as it left his foot half way through the swing Cisse looked maybe, inches offside... honestly you'd think after watching some replays at half time(which you get the impression every team of officials does), he'd let one go to make up for the first half.

Has Anita upset Pardew somehow, bringing on Ameobi for Tiote instead of a more like for like change, and Perch starting ahead of him recently. Even going after a goal, a half decent midfielder is better than a useless striker, even for Ameobi he was poor as well. Towards the end he got the ball, passed it off and made zero effort to get into the box while the ball was moving down the wing, was pathetic frankly. The ball went into the box, he had plenty of time to get in there, but just stayed back, no effort.

With Gouffran supposedly not injured badly, and Arfa isn't far from being back afaik, Newcastle should start to look like a really strong team and with a decent bench as well.

Soldato
Yeah I'll be gutted if we go out on the basis of the disallowed goals. Though on the evidence of last night unless they are fantastic at home I can see us going through (touch wood) nice to see a strong team out as well.

Agree Ameobi was horrible. I like him, it's endearing how bad he is but we really need to move beyond his level. He's only good in derbies apart from that he's shocking!

Not sure what the deal with Anita is tbh, he's been average as he gets used to the EPL so I can only imagine now that he has the players Pardèú is trying to ease him in more.

Overall decent performance and a week rest now until them again, then a must win at home to Soton. Should be good next week!

Soldato
Yeah I'll be gutted if we go out on the basis of the disallowed goals. Though on the evidence of last night unless they are fantastic at home I can see us going through (touch wood) nice to see a strong team out as well.

Agree Ameobi was horrible. I like him, it's endearing how bad he is but we really need to move beyond his level. He's only good in derbies apart from that he's shocking!

Not sure what the deal with Anita is tbh, he's been average as he gets used to the EPL so I can only imagine now that he has the players Pardèú is trying to ease him in more.

Overall decent performance and a week rest now until them again, then a must win at home to Soton. Should be good next week!

We where robbed :/ feel so depressed..

Epsn ****ed us off most of the night and I thought we played well kept a nice balance. Pappis second goal was beautiful.....

Man of Honour
iuV7QDSO0RC8j.gif

In case anyone hasn't seen it.

Soldato
That last Bale freekick he really played for the foul, which is fine, it was a foul.

Looked to dad and said "Row z", He nodded, "Row z"......BOOM!

He then looks at me and says, I knew he would score. Cheeky old man!

Soldato
Shocking officials for the Newcastle game, to get 1 decision wrong is only human but to get to wrong is insane, these people get paid to do this.

Hopefully it doesn't cost us a place in the next round. Ideally we needed a cushion so we could rest big players for the Soton game on Sunday...

Soldato
dawson should've played instead of gallas. he would have thrown himself in the way of lyon's goal.

Gallas was very very good last night. I am not a fan, but be honest, no one was stopping that. His header to clear it was very good. It was a freak goal.

Soldato
Shocking officials for the Newcastle game, to get 1 decision wrong is only human but to get to wrong is insane, these people get paid to do this.

Hopefully it doesn't cost us a place in the next round. Ideally we needed a cushion so we could rest big players for the Soton game on Sunday...

I haven't seen them so can't comment on their validity but if two genuine goals were disallowed it's a real kick in the teeth.

Soldato
Second 1 he was level and it was such a wonderful touch to guide it in :/

Sissoko was onside by a mile dunno why he was not given. Pappis was even behide the ball when it was passed for the tap in.

Both times ref and lines man took ages to raise flag. Was well dodgy

Back
Top Bottom