UEFA Champions League/Europa League 13/14/15 March *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
Considering how even after the first leg I thought we'd balls it up it's nice to get a comfortable win. Welbeck should be ashamed of himself though. Anyone know why Arsenal keep calling him Dat Guy?

Man of Honour
Considering how even after the first leg I thought we'd balls it up it's nice to get a comfortable win. Welbeck should be ashamed of himself though. Anyone know why Arsenal keep calling him Dat Guy?

Dat guy welbz??

It's an old twitter thing, Ravel Morrison called him that and it caught on

Caporegime
It's an open draw from now on.
For some reason I can see a UEFA fix with either Liverpool playing City or both teams coming up against either Bayern, Barca or Real. to try and get rid of one of them! More tickets and fan interest globally if one of those three make it.

Caporegime
Yeah the guys the biggest hypocrite going. Slags off/blames refs at every opportunity (yet its his own incompetency) but when it's one of his players 'he doesn't see it' :o
Like other managers right??? Hilarious how people have a dig at Wenger when he does exactly what other managers do;).

He isn’t exactly going to say in front of the cameras that yes he dived, he said that he will look at the footage later and then decide...a point you conveniently forgot to mention ;).

Caporegime
Yeah the guys the biggest hypocrite going. Slags off/blames refs at every opportunity (yet its his own incompetency) but when it's one of his players 'he doesn't see it' :o

Gattuso's comments post game are excellent really.

https://twitter.com/jamesolley/status/974412106782183424?s=21

https://www.football-italia.net/118581/gattuso-no-milan-alibis

Basically didn't blame the ref, said he was proud, said the team is young and overall he just said all the right things a manager should really.

Misschief, a lot of managers do say the same things Wenger did, but it's also a cop out, oh I'll tell you later what I thought and later becomes never. Fact is there are managers who call their players out for dives.

Also as the above, many many managers would have pushed all the blame off onto the ref, say the ref killed his sides confidence and who knows what the result would have been had it not been given and that isn't exactly unfair to say. However Gattuso didn't just say what everyone else did, he picked the positives, didn't blame anyone and expressed that the most disappointing thing was how they reacted to the goal as opposed to how they conceded it. From a manager's perspective big goals will go against you every season, some fairly some unfairly. He can't change refs decisions but he can work on his players responding better so he was focusing and talking about the right things.

Just because loads of other managers would say the same doesn't make saying that thing okay, it just means most managers take the easy way out.

Soldato
Like other managers right??? Hilarious how people have a dig at Wenger when he does exactly what other managers do;).

He isn’t exactly going to say in front of the cameras that yes he dived, he said that he will look at the footage later and then decide...a point you conveniently forgot to mention ;).

Well apart from mourinho I can't recall too many managers who do it to the extent wenger does? I can easily predict after a arsenal loss that wenger will blame the ref.

Re your second point he's quite clearly seen it. Anyhow let's see if he sticks to his word?

Don
Got to love Mourinho. In case anybody didn't hear him in his post match press-conference on Tuesday, he's just spent 10 minutes reminding everybody how **** Utd were in Europe without him in his press-conference today :D

edit: **** me, even by Mourinho standards that was something else. He didn't stop with Utd's record in Europe. He reminded everybody how poorly they've done in the League and told everybody how great City have been.

Don
Losing the plot would suggest that he doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing and it's classic Mourinho - the moment he starts getting criticised he will throw somebody under the bus to deflect from himself, to throw an entire football club under the bus is impressive even for him though.

Caporegime
Kinda funny him comparing their previous runs in Europe to now and how it takes time.

Klopp's first year in the CL with Liverpool which we haven't been past the group stage in 9 years but we can still beat weaker times just fine 0.o?

Back
Top Bottom