UEFA Champions League/Europa League 25/26/27 February *** Spoilers ***

fez

fez

Caporegime
So that’s not a penalty but if he was another few feet away it would have been. Human reactions really have come in in the last few years.

Man of Honour
Major pro of the europa league is not getting drawn against Bayern, levels above every English team that’s not Liverpool.

Serge not good enough for West Brom :D Probably our best export since cesc.

Soldato
This Bayern team isnt anything special but ita better then the majority of the Premier League. Lol by Alonso though...i did wonder when he booked him why he wasnt walking.

Man of Honour
They really aren’t. This is just a junk Chelsea team that has a lot of young and inexperienced players. This Bayern team is nothing special.

Chelsea are better than majority of the teams in the league. This Bayern team would turn over Leicester, and City over two legs. They’re nowhere near where they used to be but they’d beat any PL team over 2 legs (excluding pool).

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Chelsea are better than majority of the teams in the league. This Bayern team would turn over Leicester, and City over two legs. They’re nowhere near where they used to be but they’d beat any PL team over 2 legs (excluding pool).

Not convinced they would. I think plenty of teams in the PL would give them a game. City would probably beat them if they are in anything like top form. Leicester would give them a good game and Tottenham might give them a good game with a full strength team. Chelsea are better than most of the league but the quality after the top 2 takes a big drop this season and even City have been massively inconsistent. Hopefully in a few seasons all the top teams will have got their **** together.

Don
Not convinced they would. I think plenty of teams in the PL would give them a game. City would probably beat them if they are in anything like top form. Leicester would give them a good game and Tottenham might give them a good game with a full strength team. Chelsea are better than most of the league but the quality after the top 2 takes a big drop this season and even City have been massively inconsistent. Hopefully in a few seasons all the top teams will have got their **** together.

I think you underestimate how good Lewandowski is, give him a chance and he would score against anyone. He is one of the best strikers in the world. A lot of other great players in their team too.

Soldato
Bayern are missing both starting CBs, playing a 19 year old left winger as a LB, a LB as CB, the RB in CM, coman and gnabry just returned from injury - have an interim manager who's only past success is being an assistant to Low yet walked over chelsea without moving out of first gear.

Other than Liverpool (who Klopp has done an amazing job with) they would comfortably beat any EPL team over 2 legs. City fell apart without Laporte and as much as I like Pep and the project city are doing, his record in knockout games is atrocious considering how much they have spent.

Caporegime
I think you underestimate how good Lewandowski is, give him a chance and he would score against anyone. He is one of the best strikers in the world. A lot of other great players in their team too.

Give Aguero, Kane, Aubamayang a chance as well and they would score against anyone.

Pretty pointless point to make.

They messed up quite a few times when they were pressed. Their keeper almost gifted the opposition a few goals and their defenders/holding mids were caught out a few times as well.

Had man city been pressing them and those chances gifted to the likes of Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne, etc then it would have been a different story. Any decent pressing team with decent players would have scored a couple against them last night.

Over 2 legs though it would be hard to do the same to them on their home patch so needed goals and a clean sheet to take over. Chelsea are out. I do believe at least 2-3 teams could have easily beat them last night from what I saw. Possession is good and can be the key but when there isn't a pass on trying to force one at the back is never a good idea.

The players that impressed me the most were Thiago, Muller, Davies and to some extent Coman.

Lewandowski missed quite a few chances which I would have expected someone of his calibre to score. The one he did score iirc was nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom