UEFA Champions League/Europa League 5/6/7 April *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
You dont actually watch football do you?

The coming together at West Ham was on the edge of our area hence it going through to the keeper so no it wasn't pratically on the half way line at all.

Fact is you said Vidic's performances haven't been good and other than the West Ham game you're incorrect. Again.

To be fair there was another tackle near the half way line (actually I thought it was in their half - but thats by the by) on Ba, a bit of 50/50 for me but anyway

I wouldnt be surprised to see Rio get some minutes (depending how the game goes of course), didnt mean to imply he would start as that is highly unlikely unless its a necessity for some reason

Anderson wont be MATCH fit (which is what Sham was probably meaning earlier ) and I would agree with that, but given Fletcher is still ill with a virus maybe a necessity

Still think Park / Anderson would be a good shout for one spot - couldnt consider both though as they are both short of fitness, but both are high energy and with Scholes (and Carrick as default other option) a 5 man midfield is what is required imo

Last edited:
Caporegime
The fact that the challenge you are talking about wasn't at the half way line might give you a clue I was talking about a different challenge. But I guess I'm asking too much of you.

Honestly do you even read :rolleyes:

So getting 1 red and almost getting another is a good performance? I'm seriously shocked you're even arguing about this. Especially as he will be coming up against Torres who is very good at getting him sent off.

Soldato
Especially as he will be coming up against Torres who is very good at getting him sent off.

When Torres was the player who scored regularly, not the one who has barely had a decent chance in 6 months :D

Its not like Utd have a choice about who to play as Centre-Halves, due to Rio being unfit (match or otherwise), it has to be Vidic and Smalling anyway - any other players would be a nightmare waiting to happen

I love Cech's recent quote about the final in Moscow - totally ignoring the fact that his team required a double recochet and a slip from VDS to score their only goal in open play

Soldato
The fact that the challenge you are talking about wasn't at the half way line might give you a clue I was talking about a different challenge. But I guess I'm asking too much of you.

Honestly do you even read :rolleyes:

So getting 1 red and almost getting another is a good performance? I'm seriously shocked you're even arguing about this. Especially as he will be coming up against Torres who is very good at getting him sent off.

Ok fair enough didn't realise you meant his challenge that could have given him a second yellow

As for the rest and for the hundred time you said his recent performances, the west ham one wasn't a good performance no but prior to that his last game was against Chelsea where he was exceptional until he lost his head something Giggs also did - what part of this can you not grasp?

As for Torres getting him sent off another incorrect point, his first red was a second yellow for an elbow on Alonso, his Second red card was for taking out Gerrard when he was last man and his third red card was for the same offence but against Kuyt - Torres not involved in any of the 3 fouls

Caporegime
Vidic has almost definitely been carded for fouls against torres in the games he's been sent off in, I'm sure.

The thing you can't seem to 'grasp' is it doesn't matter how well you play, if you can't keep your head for 90 mins then you need to improve. If Vidic had a great game then inexplicably scored an own goal to give the opposition a victory would he still have had a great game? The red card not only affected that match (which was already lost) but then put us at a major disadvantage for the next match.

Soldato
Vidic has almost definitely been carded for fouls against torres in the games he's been sent off in, I'm sure.

The thing you can't seem to 'grasp' is it doesn't matter how well you play, if you can't keep your head for 90 mins then you need to improve. If Vidic had a great game then inexplicably scored an own goal to give the opposition a victory would he still have had a great game? The red card not only affected that match (which was already lost) but then put us at a major disadvantage for the next match.

No you're wrong

As for the Vidic thing I'm not going around in circles with you over it, had we not lost the game against Chelsea he was on to getting the MOTM that's shows how well he played that game

Don
Vidic's first yellow card for his 3rd red card (2nd yellow for bringing Kuyt down) was for taking out Torres. There was actually 2 tackles in that incident which were both worth a yellow. He should have been booked earlier in that game for taking out Torres too.

edit: all 3 tackles (the 2 that got him booked and the earlier 1 he got away with) were for needlessly going through the back of Torres around the half way line. Not too dissimilar to the challenge on Cole he got away with early in the 2nd half at the weekend.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Baz for injecting some fact over nonsense :)

LOL seriously how old are you?

Ok fair enough 1 of Vidic's yellow cards may have been for a tackle on Torres, I dont recall it personally unlike the Elephant that never forgets aka Baz but much like your Vidic's recent performances haven't been good rubbish your comment about Torres always getting Vidic sent off is equally as incorrect and unfounded.

You're back on ignore now anyway :)

EDIT: The Guardian's report on the game Baz is talking about suggests that the yellow was harsh in a 50-50 FYI

Last edited:
Don
Harsh? He slid straight through the back of Torres and then didn't hear the whistle and slid through the back of him a 2nd time. And I watched MOTD's highlights of the game after my post, Vidic had actually taken Torres out twice (around the half way line) not once before that too (and he took out Reina when he was going to launch a counter attack). He should have been sent off far earlier in that game ;)

Caporegime
Harsh? He slid straight through the back of Torres and then didn't hear the whistle and slid through the back of him a 2nd time. And I watched MOTD's highlights of the game after my post, Vidic had actually taken Torres out twice (around the half way line) not once before that too (and he took out Reina when he was going to launch a counter attack). He should have been sent off far earlier in that game ;)

Was that the game Carra should have been sent off too and Masch went on one of his mental chases on a keeper and actually slid this time? :p

Heart in mouth when Valencia hit the crossbar that day.

EDIT: Back on topic, hope Spurs get beat 1304025240542-0

Soldato

Like I said I cant remember the incident itself but you think Man Utd players should get sent off for sneezing so I'll take your word for it ;)

Don
Was that the game Carra should have been sent off too and Masch went on one of his mental chases on a keeper and actually slid this time? :p

Heart in mouth when Valencia hit the crossbar that day.

EDIT: Back on topic, hope Spurs get beat 1304025240542-0

That was the day when Carra was correctly booked for bringing down Owen when he was not in possession of the ball and running away from goal, like Vidic/Ba at the weekend :)

Like I said I cant remember the incident itself but you think Man Utd players should get sent off for sneezing so I'll take your word for it ;)

I'll think you'll find that I was one of the only people that said Vidic shouldn't have got a straight red for the foul on Ba at the weekend :)

He should have got a 2nd yellow for the foul on Cole in the 2nd half though ;)

Back
Top Bottom