UEFA Champions League/Europa League 7/8/9 March *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
wasn't the best match to say the least but a score draw away from home on that pitch is a good result - pity Martial couldn't put that mini-chance away in the last few seconds

At least two of their starters this week miss the next match as well (and possibly a third depending on the early injury)

Soldato
:D

You've played 12/13 games more than Spurs in Europe this season? And when you've got the most expensive squad in the history of football, a few extra games is no excuse.

I'm not sure what prices has anything to do with it - prices are always going up, buying Pogba and Martial cost more than what the majority of the starting XI of the top four 20 years ago

Complete guess but you get the valid point - you cant buy a promising young kid now adays for the cost of 20 Cantona's , even a dodgy defender like Rojo cost 10 times the cost of Bruce did

History means squat - and of course 10 extra games + the cups more than Liverpool and Chelsea ....not to mention the thousands of miles travelling and having 2 days between games rather than 5 is a huge factor (and there seems to be something in playing Thursday / Sunday vs Tues/Wed and Sat , a lot of teams tend to struggle for some reason)

Mourinho always uses a relatively small squad for right or wrong, and seeing as how long its taken to get the 4 he did buy all playing reasonably, I cant see how buying more would help.

Don
I'm not sure what prices has anything to do with it - prices are always going up, buying Pogba and Martial cost more than what the majority of the starting XI of the top four 20 years ago

Complete guess but you get the valid point - you cant buy a promising young kid now adays for the cost of 20 Cantona's , even a dodgy defender like Rojo cost 10 times the cost of Bruce did

History means squat - and of course 10 extra games + the cups more than Liverpool and Chelsea ....not to mention the thousands of miles travelling and having 2 days between games rather than 5 is a huge factor (and there seems to be something in playing Thursday / Sunday vs Tues/Wed and Sat , a lot of teams tend to struggle for some reason)

Mourinho always uses a relatively small squad for right or wrong, and seeing as how long its taken to get the 4 he did buy all playing reasonably, I cant see how buying more would help.
Having the most expensive squad in the history of football also includes every side he's competing against today Frank, not just teams 1000 years ago ;)

There is zero excuse for a side with a squad costing 100s of £m's more than the squads they're competing with to be 6th. When you have the resources Mourinho has, you should have a big enough squad to cope with these extra games. And as I asked but you didn't asnwer, have you played 10+ more European games than Spurs? Their squad cost a fraction of Utd's and Spurs currently sit 2nd in the League.

Caporegime
The default answer from a Man Utd fan about their season is "we've won a cup lol".

Drawing 1-1 at home to Bournemouth and getting your best player suspended for 3 games because he got completely rattled by a 23 year old is embarrassing.

That said, I really do hate the EL, crap football against crap teams that just want to kick legs and referees that look suited to Sunday league football.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having the most expensive squad in the history of football also includes every side he's competing against today Frank, not just teams 1000 years ago ;)

There is zero excuse for a side with a squad costing 100s of £m's more than the squads they're competing with to be 6th. When you have the resources Mourinho has, you should have a big enough squad to cope with these extra games. And as I asked but you didn't asnwer, have you played 10+ more European games than Spurs? Their squad cost a fraction of Utd's and Spurs currently sit 2nd in the League.

and you dont think that the tiny fraction of the possible opponants Utd actually play against today arent outweighed by a massive scale by those historically? Given that Utd have only been potentially competing against Barca / RM / Bayern once in the last 3 or 4 seasons, there is really only one or arguably two clubs (in England) that have similar financial muscle

Maybe you should be comparing the comparative cost not just the outright cost (ie Barca's squad costing 200m compared to La Liga average of 10m - fake numbers but you get the point) so it isnt completely misleading - but of course not that would be far to fair from your point of view of course. Typical really

You knew full well I was referring to Liverpool and Chelsea not playing in Europe this season (and being knocked out of the EFL cup relatively early) in reference to difference in game time - it was blatantly obvious but feel free to carry on trying to look stupid.

Back
Top Bottom