UEFA Champions League/Europa League ** Spoilers ** [5/6/7 November 2019]

Don
It would be nice if we could start winning games by more than 1 goal sometime soon. We had so many chances to have killed the game off tonight but some really sloppy finishing made that a lot more uncomfortable than it needed to be. We got the win though which is what mattered most and we were able to rest a few players ahead of Sunday.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Turned off the Chelsea game at 4-1 assuming that was that and when I checked again it was 4-4 and there had been 2 red cards!

Blinds was 100% correct however the second one was puzzling.

Associate
The Veltman red is a prime example why it's difficult to take football seriously. Clearly he was meant to put on his invisibility cloak whilst the ball is thundered at him.

Chelsea shouldn't have been anywhere near able to get back into that game, and at 11 v 10 I doubt they would.

Soldato
Why are Arsenal playing at 3.50 on a Wednesday?

You might well be asking, 'what's this, Europa League football on a Wednesday afternoon?'

Well, firstly, the early kick-off time has been chosen to avoid traffic congestion in Portugal and avoid broadcast clashes with the Champions League.

The game is being played a day earlier than the other 23 fixtures taking place because Vitoria's Portuguese rivals Braga host Besiktas at the Municipal Stadium on Thursday, 15 miles from Vitoria's home ground.

From the BBC page

Soldato
9xnt22b.jpg
Dunno why but the side shots of Emery reminded me of this :p
9xnt22b.jpg

hkLnkbpsFKoDNcWy7

fez

fez

Caporegime
The Veltman red is a prime example why it's difficult to take football seriously. Clearly he was meant to put on his invisibility cloak whilst the ball is thundered at him.

Chelsea shouldn't have been anywhere near able to get back into that game, and at 11 v 10 I doubt they would.

I don't know, Ajax still seemed happy to go on the attack with only 9 men. They seem to be a little TOO gung ho.

Back
Top Bottom