UEFA EURO 2020 Qualifiers and International Friendlies ** spoilers ** [20th - 26th March 2019]

Caporegime
I'm fairly indifferent to England these days but there's so much pace and energy in the team these days, I feel sleepy just thinking about the days of Rooney clogging around in midfield. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually won a tournament in the next 10 years.

Soldato
I'm fairly indifferent to England these days but there's so much pace and energy in the team these days, I feel sleepy just thinking about the days of Rooney clogging around in midfield. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually won a tournament in the next 10 years.

Before the WC I felt exactly the same. Years and years of dross left me with little interest. The spirit of the team at the WC though was fantastic, they seemed to give a ****, all the old guard put to pasture and even though lots of players were far from at top form we did really well. If we can get the likes of Kane, Dele, Sterling, Lingard, Rashford and now Sancho on form going into 2020 I honestly think we could win it.

Soldato
Scotland wining just 2-0 against the worst ranked football nation, after losing 3-0 to Kazakhstan who are ranked 117th. It was an away match, but Russia went to Kazakhstan and spanked them 4-0, and Russia are lower in the rankings than Scotland. :/

If he can't improve things pretty quickly, I think McLeish will be needing a taxi to the job centre.

He did quite well in his previous stint though; played 10, won 7, lost 3. Not working out for him so far this time it seems..

Don
Scotland wining just 2-0 against the worst ranked football nation, after losing 3-0 to Kazakhstan who are ranked 117th. It was an away match, but Russia went to Kazakhstan and spanked them 4-0, and Russia are lower in the rankings than Scotland. :/

If he can't improve things pretty quickly, I think McLeish will be needing a taxi to the job centre.

He did quite well in his previous stint though; played 10, won 7, lost 3. Not working out for him so far this time it seems..
We'll see how he does over the campaign, but very poor stuff in San Marino as well apparently.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Different teams in this 2nd half. Thinking the Dutch will get a couple more.

Just need Norn Ireland to pull their fingers out of their arses.

Caporegime

Should never have gotten rid of Strachan. Got within a gnat's baw hair of qualification last time and should have been kept on to improve on it. He got the players actually playing well whereas Alex, well, he's clueless AND hopeless. Gordon has at least a recent and decent record in club management. Alex? Egyptian club Zamalek in 2016 for 3 months. Prior to that Genk in Belgium in August 2014 where he lasted until the end of the season when he managed to scrape into the Europa League playoffs. hardly the mark of a successful manager.

Soldato
Strachan resigned though didn't he?

He did a decent job while he was there and they could really do with him taking the job again.

Caporegime
Strachan resigned though didn't he?

He did a decent job while he was there and they could really do with him taking the job again.

I got the impression he wasn’t liked by the SFA as he spoke his own mind rather than keeping the company line. I’m sure there wasn’t exactly a clamouring to change his mind when he offered.

Soldato
That makes sense. Just seen that Strachan is willing to consider taking the job again. SFA will just have to bite their tongues. :p

Really can't see McLeish turning their form around (assuming he gets time to do so), even though he did better in the job 12 years ago. Maybe that period flattered his managerial skills somewhat. :p

Caporegime
What has happened to the Scottish game. The Scots obviously love the game and have plenty of history but have been terrible for a long time. We haven't seen decent Scottish players for arguably the past 30 years. Population size is one thing but arguably Croatia, Czech, Uruguay and most of the Scandinavian countries have all had some decent success in the past 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom