UEFA Euro 2024 Group F ** spoilers ** (Turkey, Georgia, Portugal, Czech Republic)

I don't think there has ever been an official reason for a yellow for removing your shirt, but it's likely a number of factors.

• Sponsors not happy
  • Those two part shirts take time to get back on so slows down the game
  • messages on player's undershirts
  • Giggs chest was too sexy

And you would have no issues if the player is offside by 1cm based on their feet?
1cm I’d still say is pointless but I’d set the rule as daylight bettween the players give the advantage to the attacker make the game more exciting and it removes the stupid thing like this evening where he is given offside because he’s leaning over so his arm and shoulder are offside as he looks to accelerate. I understand that is the current rule but it doesn’t make for an exciting spectacle and it favours the defender rather than the attacker and I’d rather a game with more goals!

I do like the speed of the automated system though as speeding up VAR is a must, first thing I’d do is get rid of the pitch side monitor for the ref and let VAR decide either way to save time.

Last edited:
1cm I’d still say is pointless but I’d set the rule as daylight bettween the players give the advantage to the attacker make the game more exciting and it removes the stupid thing like this evening where he is given offside because he’s leaning over so his arm and shoulder are offside as he looks to accelerate. I understand that is the current rule but it doesn’t make for an exciting spectacle and it favours the defender rather than the attacker and I’d rather a game with more goals!

I do like the speed of the automated system though as speeding up VAR is a must, first thing I’d do is get rid of the pitch side monitor for the ref and let VAR decide either way to save time.

We’ve been over this in detail before on here and I don’t see how giving attackers a massive advantage for offside would do anything but lead to much deeper defending. It would be so easy to break offside traps that teams would have no choice.

We’ve been over this in detail before on here and I don’t see how giving attackers a massive advantage for offside would do anything but lead to much deeper defending. It would be so easy to break offside traps that teams would have no choice.
Exactly

'Daylight between the attacker and defender' is one of wengers more retarded ideas

Last edited:
The automated offside is working very well so far. Quick and difficult to argue with, I like it. Looking forward to seeing how quickly the Premier League find a way to over complicate and mess up its implementation.

Personally I'd measure offside from the feet position but I don't think its a game changer.

Back
Top Bottom