UEFI booting issues.

Soldato
Hey guys, my laptop has three drives, a 240GB SATA3 SSD, a 250GB MSATA SSD and a 2TB SATA3 HDD.

Windows 7 is installed on the 240GB SSD and will not boot unless the 2TB HDD is removed from the system. Everything was booting fine a few days ago under Windows 10, the 240GB SSD was the OS drive then too.

Now when I boot with the 2TB installed I get the Windows Error Recovery screen with the options to "Launch Startup Repair" which does nothing just loops back, and "Star Windows Normally" which gives an error that it can't find a bootable device.

If I try booting from the W7 DVD and using repair then with the HDD installed the only O/S it an find is an ancient W7 install on a partition of that HDD, it doesn't see the one on the SSD.

Soldato
Hey ubersonic

Will Windows 7 definitely boot up with the 2TB HDD removed? Do you know whether you have Trusteer Rapport installed under the Windows 7 OS?

I ask because recently I've been seeing an issue on Windows 7 PCs that have Trusteer installed. The system doesn't boot due to some sort of conflict. Booting into Safe Mode and then uninstalling Trusteer allows the PC to boot normally. I've had this on 7 PCs since yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom