UFC 123 LIVE DISCUSSION [SPOILERS]

Soldato
Some good fights, I enjoyed this one :). Shame Machida didn't win but he was on the back foot in the first 2 rounds. I'm glad Sotiropoulos got another good win, Lauzon looked well out of the fight in the 2nd. I enjoyed the last fight, Barboza got a great win with some fantastic leg kicks that smashed Lullo :D.

Soldato
From reading wiki:

Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Nik Lentz
Lentz defeated Griffin via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)

Not looking good for Tyson :(

Just watching the post fight press conference and Dana Whites words were "Tyson Griffin got ****ed over tonight" in the way the fight was scored.

Soldato
totaly devasted with matt hughes loss, especially since I lost money on it lol

But fair props to bj looks like hes back, but hes gonna have a very hard time at 170 pounds !

I wont be betting again on ufc lol

As for Rampage/Machida was an ok match rampage tried to bring it, I so wanted rampage to slam him towards the end but it wasnt suppose to be, boy does those 5 minute rounds go fast and too see rampages shocked face man I was gonna bet on him as well lol

Soldato
I'm differently canceling my subscription for ESPN now as I didn't enjoy the last few event's, don't get me wrong the fighters give it their all I just rapidly lost intrest in MMA for some reason.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
This will be fixed in 3 weeks time when Josh takes out G.S.P

;) Get real.

Not a bad event was UFC 123, amazed when BJ got the KO - nearly spit out my beer! Glad Lyoto lost too, cant expect to win a decision by running away and only attacking for 2 of 15 minutes.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Must say Rampage is a class act. I, like him, also thought Machida won the fight (only slightly). The way he was surprised that he won, I was like LOL in my seat. Top guy.

I guess he deserved the win for being the aggressor. But then again, we all knew that is what would happen, as that's his style. Rampage is the boxer who goes in looking for the knock-out and Machida the elusive one waiting for his chance to knock you out or do damage and win by points.

Sadly neither really did what they wanted to. This is why I feel 3 rounds is way to short. Should be 5 rounds minimum and if they must title fights can be 6 or 7. I am sure poor ^TANK^ would not be thinking about cancelling his ESPN so much if they had minimum 5 matches.

Hate it when someone wins due to decision, specially when it not clear cut who performed the best, which is what the case was tonight.

Well done to them both and I look forward to a rematch.

Soldato
;) Get real.

Not a bad event was UFC 123, amazed when BJ got the KO - nearly spit out my beer! Glad Lyoto lost too, cant expect to win a decision by running away and only attacking for 2 of 15 minutes.

lol I dunno why I got a feeling Josh I think may proove the biggest upset. Hes been saying its my job to enter that octagan and p*** off so many people lol

Hes so good at getting under the skin and causing all sort of mind problems, GSP does look like hes just smirking it off during the tuf show but theres something else....

Soldato
Must say Rampage is a class act. I, like him, also thought Machida won the fight (only slightly). The way he was surprised that he won, I was like LOL in my seat. Top guy.

I guess he deserved the win for being the aggressor. But then again, we all knew that is what would happen, as that's his style. Rampage is the boxer who goes in looking for the knock-out and Machida the elusive one waiting for his chance to knock you out or do damage and win by points.

Sadly neither really did what they wanted to. This is why I feel 3 rounds is way to short. Should be 5 rounds minimum and if they must title fights can be 6 or 7. I am sure poor ^TANK^ would not be thinking about cancelling his ESPN so much if they had minimum 5 matches.

Hate it when someone wins due to decision, specially when it not clear cut who performed the best, which is what the case was tonight.

Well done to them both and I look forward to a rematch.

Yeah I do agree, even at the end I was thinking please be a round 4 and 5, but then remembered this aint for a championship title.

Perhaps all main events and sub events should be 5 rounds cos your right in some cases its definatly not enough time in many cases, I know many will argue 3s enough also...

Perhaps introduce "Sudden death round" if judges feels its just far too close ? At least it would give 5 minutes for someone to simply open up and then we get too see who wants it the most.

Soldato
Perhaps introduce "Sudden death round" if judges feels its just far too close ? At least it would give 5 minutes for someone to simply open up and then we get too see who wants it the most.

That would only work if it's a draw though (and how often does that happen). The judges give their scores at the end of each round so they can't really say after 3 rounds "oh yeah we had fighter A on more points but lets go to a 4th because it was close"

Soldato
Did anyone notice this, at the end of the first round when Gerald Harris almost got subbed, the clicker went at :09 seconds, and the on screen timer dissapeared at :08 seconds, then the end of round buzzer went a second later. What happened there? I'm not sure what happened at the start of the round, whether there was a problem with the timer or not.

edit: oh, found this on the tube

Last edited:
Caporegime
This will be fixed in 3 weeks time when Josh takes out G.S.P

LOL. Dream on.

Decent event I thought, good to see BJ pickup the win, especially in such devastating fashion.

Personally I felt Rampage deserved the nod, Machidas style should never score well based ont he fact his opponent will almost always pickup points for aggression/octagon control.

Associate
Did anyone notice this, at the end of the first round when Gerald Harris almost got subbed, the clicker went at :09 seconds, and the on screen timer dissapeared at :08 seconds, then the end of round buzzer went a second later. What happened there? I'm not sure what happened at the start of the round, whether there was a problem with the timer or not.

Yeah i noticed that, at 6 seconds left the round ends, the choke is deep and he was about to tap i think. Very dodgy.

Caporegime
I really don't want to see a Machida Rampage rematch, it was close but hardly exciting I wonder if Dana will go for it, or setup a more interesting matchup for both of them.

Absolutely agreed with this.

When they were both saying in the post fight interviews "rematch this, rematch that" I was thinking "Does anyone really want to see that, because I certainly don't"

Horrible original match up, makes for a horrible rematch.

Soldato
Agreed, it was an ok fight but not something they would surely want to recreate...

I think they both need to fight different people to bring out there styles a bit more rather then go for a title shot, they both need a good 2-3 fights before getting there.

Soldato

If you look in the background the guy is ready with the 10second clapper as well... if you listen he does a single very soft clap instead of the usual 3 loud ones. Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom