UHD - Amazon app - Smart TV issue 4K

Associate
I have a Panasonc TX50AX802B TV which is supported by Amazon according to their blurb for 4k.

The TV has the Amazon app on already and the TV is connected via Ethernet to a Virgin broadband router. Speedtest run just now gives me 202MB down and 12MB up.

Shows that say available in 4k are selected and when run the quality is poor, then it goes to HD then 1080p HD. The image never goes to 2160p or UHD or whatever it should.

I cant see any UHD or 4K programmes catagories on the catagory list.

Am i missing something here? Thought Mr Robot S2 was in 4k, Man in High Castle shows as 4k but doesnt display in 4k??

Im confused!

Associate
I have the ax65 902 , but only got amazon last week so not had a chance to look at it yet , is it like Netflix where you pay extra for the 4K content perhaps ?

Associate
OP
Did you have to select the quality or did it automatically apply the 'appropriate' quality?

Will remove the wireless details on the TV as I have a hunch now it may be using that over the wired connection..

Soldato
ohh ok. surely they should update the app on 2014 models?

mines a 2016 model, so i guess thats why.

i think the issue was down to the Codec which is being used, but cant remember now, early TV's and 4K were a pain as there was no concrete codec everyone would use, so some TV's were incompatible.

It will be interesting next year when BBc iplayer starts doing 4K if current TVs will just work or if updates will be needed.

Associate
I tried it on built in app on my new Samsung ks8000

Played the grand tour in ultra HD it showed that on the bar quality was great so you can get 4K through the tv apps :)

Permabanned
I tried it on built in app on my new Samsung ks8000

Played the grand tour in ultra HD it showed that on the bar quality was great so you can get 4K through the tv apps :)

Does HDR work with the built in app on that TV? Planning on getting the KS7000 tomorrow or Monday in the sales and just read last night that my Fire TV doesn't do HDR through it's app so hoping the TV's one will.

Back
Top Bottom