UHD Monitor for PS4 Pro only.

Soldato
Hello!

I’m after a UHD monitor excluvely for use with a PS4 Pro..

I’m unsure about HDR.. people keep saying avoid until it’s better but I doubt I’ll be swapping this monitor for 5+ years.

Budget is around £500-£600, size between 24” and 27” and would like low input lag/high response rate as I mainly play FPS games.

Thanks for any help with this at all :)

Soldato
Take a look at the LG 27UK650 - this has HDR-10 and Freesync. HDR can work well and tends to be far better implemented on consoles than PC at present. Yes the technology will improve over time, but everything does!

There's also the Dell UP2718Q albeit a bit more expensive. Not a gaming monitor exactly, but it does a very good job.

The Samsung 28" UH750 is another, which features a faster TN panel (above two are IPS) with faster response time. Depends how sensitive you are to this, but with 60Hz cap of consoles, I doubt you will notice very much.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply!

I’ve been looking at the 650 over the weekend but I’m unsure if I should spend the extra £50 and go for the 850?

Are the additional extras worth it?

The only extras seem to be USB? They are the same panel, so unless you need the extra connectivity, I wouldn't say it was worth it.

Soldato
OP
The only extras seem to be USB? They are the same panel, so unless you need the extra connectivity, I wouldn't say it was worth it.

Sorry I should have stated the extra stuff.

Taken from another thread:

I saw a spec on a monitor comparison site that states the 850 gets
True Colour Pro and Super Resolution+ and does not get Low Blue Light.

Is that true and would it be of any benefit to have those features?

Soldato
Sorry I should have stated the extra stuff.

Taken from another thread:

I saw a spec on a monitor comparison site that states the 850 gets
True Colour Pro and Super Resolution+ and does not get Low Blue Light.

Is that true and would it be of any benefit to have those features?

I don't know... if they're the same panel that will likely just be software related. Can't see there would be MUCH noticeable difference, but you'd really have to find someone who'd seen both to get a better idea. I can't imagine £50 is really worth it though tbh. I've never felt a need for the blue light thing myself.

Back
Top Bottom