UK court to unmask 'file-sharers'

Soldato
If there is logging enabled on the proxy, all the source IP's will be logged... There's no such thing as being anonymous on the Internet.

Suspended
Jagen said:
The TOS covers the agreement between you and your service provider, I don't see how it can infer legal liability onto you in this situation.
Consider that in some situations now the court order has been granted the data on who was leasing the IP in question may have been deleted, and the ISP can not identify and end user, FAST are not going to sue the ISP for something that happened on their network but was not under their direct control, how different is that from the end user whose connection was hijacked (either being open or cracked) and used to download software, and whose router does not log sufficient information to allow them to try and identify the machine responsible?

Its your connection therefore your responsibility - the ISP wont give two hoots. You will be in court defending and attempting to prove that you had secured your network but it had been cracked/hacked.

HaX

HaX

Associate
OP
One thing I would like to know is that if you asked, would your ISP tell you whether or not your details had been passed on to an enforcement agency.

Surely under the data protection act, they would be required to provide information relevant to yourself as and when requested.

Associate
HaX said:
One thing I would like to know is that if you asked, would your ISP tell you whether or not your details had been passed on to an enforcement agency.
Not automaticaly.

HaX said:
Surely under the data protection act, they would be required to provide information relevant to yourself as and when requested.
Yup, as and when requested.

Soldato
Noxis said:
Its your connection therefore your responsibility - the ISP wont give two hoots.
That great, I never said they would.

The part you quoted from me was in response to someone who seemed to think breach of contract was a criminal affair.

Back
Top Bottom