UK to Florida & NY

Soldato
Hi all,

Hopefully some with experience can help us out here. We are planning a trip to USA later in the year. It involves visiting Florida and NY within the same two weeks. Our options are:

1. Return flight MAN-MCO over 14 nights. Within that time a return flight MCO-HPN for a few days.
2 MAN-MCO / MCO-JFK / JFK-MAN over 14 nights.

We're visiting friends north of NYC, so not actually looking to go into the city itself. I read an article about JFK and the city being a nightmare to travel through with anything more than hand luggage. We'll have both hand and hold luggage.

Any pointers appreciated.

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume you mean HPN, not HPA airport (which is in Tonga :p), but in the absense of any other information I would be choosing the 2x 45 minute drive between JFK and HPN over the prospect of a 3 hour flight from New York to Florida plus airport time and a buffer for missed connections

Last edited:
Associate
We're visiting friends north of NYC, so not actually looking to go into the city itself. I read an article about JFK and the city being a nightmare to travel through with anything more than hand luggage. We'll have both hand and hold luggage.

Any pointers appreciated.

A yellow taxi from JFK to Manhattan is a flat $75 fee, just get them to drop you off at Grand Central and get to your friends that way if they live on one of the Metro north lines.

Soldato
OP
Thanks @weringo yes I meant HPN :rolleyes: - I have updated the OP.

So is option 2 the least hassle? The cost difference between the two options is negligible, if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom