UK2 Webhosting Support is a joke

Soldato
I bought some hosting off UK2 for a new domain I have purchased a few weeks back and thought I would take advantage of their offer of 2 months for free. All seemed well as it has 15gb Space and 750mb transit per month. All ordered up On Thursday morning and thinking give it a few hours and all will be good.

Thursday afternoon comes and goes as does Thursday night. No confirmation of order, log in etc. I leave it till Friday afternoon and still nothing. So I ring up their free phone number to which I am told to ring the 0905 for support. So the tech head goes off on one that obviously it won't be live as I havent changed my name servers. My reply was that Obviously I haven't changed nameservers as you havent bloomin sent them to me. He then confirms he will re send log in details. No log in details all over the weekend and no reply to support tickets.

Monday comes and I ring up support again asking to cancel the hosting for that domain but I wanted to buy a new domain and give them the benefit of the doubt. Yes Mr valued customer we will have it set up in the hour but domains can take 24 hours. I check a few hours later and the domain I wanted is regiesterd for me. I wait all day and still no log in details. Wash, rinse repeat. I raise a trouble ticket to ask where my log in details are. Their next automated reply is that they have recieved my support ticket. So now I have 2 support tickets exactley the same with an answer to neither.

All in all their service and support is shoddy to say the least. Theirs a lot to be said for buying good quality hosting at a reasonable price from America. At least they put the customer first and usually respond to trouble tickets outside office hours. Not to mention set up the hosting in a timely manner.

Am I being unreasonable to expect hosting to be set up within 24 hours ?

[/rant] :mad:

Soldato
OP
Thats the point though. Its not instant. I have to keep chasing them. I am savvy enough to check my spam filtering. In fact I have turned off my spam filtering just in case.

Associate
Yeah i signed up on friday there on their 2 months free, no strings deal and within 10 mins i could tell this company were a joke.
I experienced the same problems as you.
However i did get my details in about 30 mins and of course changed my nameservers accordingly.
An hour went by and my nameservers had not been propergated. Now i know they say it can take upto 24hrs but in my experience it is normal for it to be done in less than an hour. So 2 hours later after changing my nameservers i decided to contact them.
Today 5 days later i got their response stating that i should allow 24-48 hrs for the nameservers to propergate!.
Look at www.nativespace.com Ive used them for over a year now and everything from customer service to the features of their packages is top notch.

Chris

Associate
When i used to have clients when i do hosting, We always emailed them to say the stage, We even set-up our system so there accounts ect was all auto made, They were then emailed the info ect. I guess the only thing you can do is moan they should give you some free hosting for a month or so, Or upgrade your plan ect. There systems could be bogged down though as you said they had this offer, a lot off hosts oversell ( eg dreamhost) and then have to supply when people take advantage..

Soldato
OP
The thing is I use Hostgator in America. Support on line 24 hours a day when I set up a new domain I get all my log in stuff within 15 miuntes of ordering. Their billing is slick and for something like £8.00 a month I get 200gb of storage and 2tb of bandwidth. I must admit I can be hard to please at times and for the five years I have been using them they are faultless. I would be doing them an injustice to give them no less than 10/10. It maybe cheap but it certainly isn't at the cost of quality. Never had an outage and they never oversell their servers. I think they are one of the biggest hosts in America now

From what I understand UK2 Have been going for quite some time now.

Associate
well I don't know how many names I've said it on this forum - Vidahost are cool and Register1 dot net are cool. I use them all the time - and you know what Vidahost have actually rang me back when I had a query and left a message late at night (after 11:00pm) - Register1 I have to say are great with their support tickets, everything is answered promptly. Have never had anything but great service from these 2 companies.

It's all writen in OChostreview and it's not just me.

To be fair to others, TSOhost also have good reviews on this forum, and if you want cheap American hosting then it's Dreamhost.

daz

daz

Soldato
UK2 have been running for a while and Eyedot (former member here) knew the person in charge as an aquaintance... from what I understand it was all about getting as many customers in as possible, without caring so much as to support and or the network etc... this got them a pretty bad reputation, but actually made them quite a bit of cash. Last year UK2 was transferred to new ownership, and the new MD said UK2 would be turning over a new leaf and adopting a much more customer friendly strategy. It seems it hasn't been fulfilled. :( :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom