"Ultima Extreme QUAD SLi 7900 GX2"

Soldato
Does this come with a free OCUK Biro. :D

IS this realy worth it at the mo?
Are their any games that take advantage of Physics chips (PPU !)
Are quad GPU's noticable at anything other than a 3200x2400 res.

Or will you all be waiting for the Quad core Intels CPU running Oct core NVidia XXXXX Edition GTX 8000 GTX-XXXXXXXX OCed Special Edition GPU with Triple Core PPU and Dual core nasal excellerators (so you can smell ginger enemy's)
What do you think

Yes there is a big difference! If you have one of these, your e-penis is the god of e-penises! Anyways, it will be much more future proof and you will have unbeaten performance in games and demanding programs.

one thing about this system, quad Sli, fx60, loads of RAM, several raptors, physics card that no games support yet..... and onboard sound :confused: if you're paying over 4 grand for a pc you may as well get a sound card

the gfx cards will be completly cpu bottlenecked any way and i dont know of any games that support the ppu yet id suggest just building your own if you can

StarShock said:
one thing about this system, quad Sli, fx60, loads of RAM, several raptors, physics card that no games support yet..... and onboard sound :confused: if you're paying over 4 grand for a pc you may as well get a sound card

personaly i'd like to specify my own ound card, if i was going to use it just for games i'd get a creative somethingorother... but if i was going to listen to use it for music (which is would) i'd stick with onboard sound for the games (which woldn't be too shabby anyway) and then put in something decent like an audiophile card and hook it up to a nice big profesional amp :D

but... did i fall asleep again an miss a masive leap forwared in technology.. AGAIN... quad GPU wtf? no mention of them on Nvidia website and i cant find any 7900 GT2 cards on OcUK main shop :confused: (i've only been sleeping for 2 weeks! )

Basically the thing to bear in mind is that this system with the FX60 and the Quad SLI etc, is kind of a waste of money IMO.

Look at it this way, by comparing two rigs:

3800x2 with an x1900xtx = Dual core & up to date gfx
FX60 with Quad SLI = Dual core & up to date gfx

Both of these systems will be out of date at the same time! (give or take a few months) Yes the FX60 with Quad sli is much faster but it still uses the same instruction sets as the other system.

As soon as something new comes out, i.e. Conroe & Nvidia 8 series gfx with DX10 that will be faster than both & so on.....

To sum up, yes the FX60 Qaud SLI is definitely faster, but as soon as something new arrives that does things better with cleverer chipsets then they will be faster!

My theory is to update gfx cards every year and update PC every 2-3years and save yourself £1000's of pounds!

And you're also going to need a BIG case, I mean look at the size of that thing:

318951281.jpg

KizZ said:
And you're also going to need a BIG case, I mean look at the size of that thing:

318951281.jpg
I bet that fan doesnt make much noise.
About the quad thingy set-up, by the time games come out that truly take advantage of PPU's and duel/quad stuff, the rig above will be out of date anyway.

Duel said:
I think quad SLis are exclusively for the rich or obsessed atm. Or people who order when drunk as I sometimes do.

i'm really glad i'm not the only one who does that :(

that's why the only time i've got drunk since getting a mortguage and the £2000 for a new rig (to replace my 3 1/2 year old "pee oh ess" ) was while in sweden when i had no access to a computer and i wasnt paying for the beer (i'm hoping to save up some more money for a bigger monitor)

Duel said:
The worst purchase I have ever made when drunk was 100kg of dry roasted monkey nuts. I have an allergy to nuts. :(

ok... i cant beat that o_O not unless you cound a 2.5 V6 ford duratec engine... with no ECU... £180 for an oily paperweight

but... what actualy posessed you to buy the nuts? can you even remeber what you were thinking at the time?

100Kg... that's a lot of nuts... i mean, that' 0.1 metric tones... it's more then my own body weight, more than my own body weight before i lost 3 stone in weight! (and i'm not perticualy toned now)

Back
Top Bottom