• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ultra 7 155H, Ultra 9 185H or Ryzen 7 8845HS?

Soldato
The new laptop I'm thinking of buying effectively gives me the choice of the above three CPUs with all other components the same (other than chipsets, obviously). Passmark ranks them in ascending order as listed above but I expect there's more to their relative performance than that. As far as I can find out AMD's IGPU is marginally ahead of Intel's, both roughly equivalent to a GTX 1650, which is all I need. So are there any aspects of the Ultras' performance that make them worth the price premium over AMD?

Last edited:
Associate
The new laptop I'm thinking of buying effectively gives me the choice of the above three CPUs with all other components the same (other than chipsets, obviously). Passmark ranks them in ascending order as listed above but I expect there's more to their relative performance than that. As far as I can find out AMD's IGPU is marginally ahead of Intel's, both roughly equivalent to a GTX 1650, which is all I need. So are there any aspects of the Ultras' performance that make them worth the price premium over AMD?
You need to be very careful with your selection as different models of laptop use different power profiles. So for instance ultra 7 might be running a lot lower than the spec suggests.

Back
Top Bottom