Ultracompact, >6MP, 3" LCD, ~ £200

Caporegime
Hi all

Hoping someone will be kind enough to recommend me a digital camera that satisfies the above requirements and that takes excellent pictures in normal conditions. Some video and an optical viewfinder would be nice but is not necessary as long as the battery life is reasonably good.

Many thanks in advance.

Soldato
How about Canon IXUS 70?

It is the smallest in the IXUS series but it has 7 MP and 2.5" LCD.

If you want the 3" LCD, it is IXUS 75 but it's bit bigger due to its LCD size. Unlike IXUS 70, it has no optical viewfinder, again due to the size of LCD!

Soldato
I think you will really struggle on getting a camera that is extremely small, has a 3" lcd AND a viewfinder. There is only so much physical space on the back of an ultra compact.

Personally I would look at the Ixus 950IS (2.5" lcd with viewfinder) or the 860IS (3" LCD no viewfinder). The only other real difference between the two is the 860 is a wider angle lens.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
viewfinders on compacts are ickky anyway, they're minute and hard to use, and only have a 70% correlation to the final image.

Associate
I have the Canon Ixus 860IS and it fulfills all your requirements except the optical viewfinder... Had the camera now for 3 months now and not missed having the viewfinder at all.

The 860IS has Image Stabiliser, 3" screen, 8MP, Wide angle lens and can be picked up for about £200.

Really happy with the results from my camera in all conditions inside and out, would not hesitate in recommending it. :)

Back
Top Bottom