Unable to get Bootcamp working

Man of Honour
Basically I need a form of Windows on my Mac so I went to use Bootcamp last night to install Windows 10 from the latest ISO. However once it reboots I get the following message:

9aq6qlt.jpg

No matter what I try and do, it ends up shutting down and then going back into MacOS.

If I boot with the option key held down I only see one bootable device.

When I get back into MacOS and look in the boot drives, I only see one. Bootcamp however still sees the new partition and won't let me do anything unless I remove it.

This usually ends up with me having to go into single user mode to run an fsck on the HDD and so the loop begins.

Any ideas?

Man of Honour
OP
Bootcamp doesn't support the creators update yet, if you install from the Anniversary update and then update to creators it should work.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/boot-camp-installation-issues-with

I have tried two ISOs so far, one is the latest one, the other is one of the first releases.

My suggestion would be to download virtualbox and set up a Windows VM. That's an easier option than having to reboot into a different OS.

It's to connect to my cars ECU, the software on Windows needs to see the USB device as native, will this work with Virtualbox? I also have VMware Fusion I could try. From the software's website:

The software will also work on Intel based Macs running Bootcamp or Parallels.

I'm loathed to pay for Parallels!

Back
Top Bottom