Unable to install games on gamepass for PC (error 0x800704c6)

Associate
Finally downloaded and installed gamepass for PC (which was a pain) logged in (which can also be a pain) and every time I try to install a game get the same error message 0x800704c6.

Did some searching and it looks to be a widespread issue, I have the latest version of windows 10 and I also use a paid for VPN, I have tried to install games with the VPN off and with various locations but always get the same error message.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Soldato
Had this issue. Tried everything. Quickest fix is a fresh install of Win 10 unfortunately. (installing over the top didn't work for me)

Associate
OP
Had this issue. Tried everything. Quickest fix is a fresh install of Win 10 unfortunately. (installing over the top didn't work for me)

I have already done 2 fresh installs, I will just have to look into steam. Not really into games but wanted to try them so will wait for any other fixes. Definitely don't want to do another fresh install of windows.:eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried installing the specific game you want via the Microsoft store app instead and not the Gamepass app?

Because sometimes that can fix an issue, it did for me regarding an issue with MS Flight 2020.

Associate
OP
Try going into setting\apps\gaming services\advanced and try repair or reset and see if that fixes it for you

tried that

Have you tried installing the specific game you want via the Microsoft store app instead and not the Gamepass app?

Because sometimes that can fix an issue, it did for me regarding an issue with MS Flight 2020.

will give it a try now have to switch off my pc as it will not even log in, getting several error messages now, put in a support call from Microsoft but I dont hold out much hope.

Soldato
I have already done 2 fresh installs, I will just have to look into steam. Not really into games but wanted to try them so will wait for any other fixes. Definitely don't want to do another fresh install of windows.:eek:
When you install Windows afresh. Make sure the location of Flight Sim isnt where it always fails. Select a different location. If its on C and still fails. Then I can't suggest anything else.

Back
Top Bottom