'Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets'

Soldato
Sorry but that was absolute tosh....A handful of dirty agents named and shamed......Big deal?......Nothing hard hitting about Managers as this programme seemed to promise

Soldato
vanpeebles said:
the saddest thing is, i bet that program just lightly scrapped the surface.

That seemed to be all it was and the problem now is this will go even more underground.....They needed some damning evidence to nail someone higher up the chain

Associate
vanpeebles said:
the saddest thing is, i bet that program just lightly scrapped the surface.

Thats exactly the problem - its obviously highlighted that managers are willing to accept cash - but will probably prove little. Maybe the Stevens report will be more conclusive and the proverbial will then hit the fan.

Soldato
Wasnt as explosive as I hoped for, they didnt actually do a deal, that would be good if they had.
And its annoying they didnt mention all the names etc.

Soldato
At least some of it is out in the open now, has been happening all the time. I think it wasn't that 'important' to the FA it seemed. Since everyone has now kicked up a stink about it (and rightly so) they are trying tackle this issue... by hiring one man for the job of investigation! :rolleyes: :o

Wonder if Big Sam or Redknapp are going to be doing any post match interviews with the BBC now then. ;)

Soldato
cant help thinking someone paid redknapp huge amounts to help ruin southampton like :p

the allardyce sunday dinner would be worth a watch after that

his son doesnt seem the brightest

Man of Honour
KennyBhoy said:
That seemed to be all it was and the problem now is this will go even more underground.....They needed some damning evidence to nail someone higher up the chain

Similar feeling myself really, there was certainly nothing there showing Redknapp to be especially dodgy, and nothing concrete on Allardyce since it's all based on the hearsay of people who are bent anyway.

In fact the only club clearly shown to be dodgy in that programme were Chelsea, with Arneson offering £150k for a 15 year old contracted to another club.

Soldato
daz said:
I'm just saying, it's a bit harsh to say such things without any kind of evidence. :confused:

We'll see. It may be a month, it may be six months, even a year, but evidence will come out against Redknapp. I'd put money on it. He is widely known as a little bit woo little bit waay. Even his recent movement amongst clubs should be raising an eyebrow.

Permabanned
It told me nothing i didnt already expect, HR and big Sam have always seemed dodgy to me

The fact is football is dodgy and has been for years its just the dumb ******** that get caught

Soldato
While the concept of corruption may not have shocked many here, I think the fact that finally someone has come forward with evidence (albeit only from the agent's point of view) supporting Mike Newell's well-publicised comments from earlier in the year, is a positive step.

On a further note, there must be a lot of it - personally, I'd need a lot more than £30k to pass up any confidential info or break any rules at my place and I doubt I make 1/10th of what SA or HR makes.

Associate
These 300 registered agents in the UK. The show focused on three. Not saying all agents are bent but who knows what else is going on.

Peter Harrison must be in deep poo after tonights show.

Caporegime
what a wasted hour. dodgy agents talking to managers about players. so what if harry says yeah he likes him and would have him, means nothing.

it made the agents look very bad, not the managers.

Soldato
I'll watch the whole thing tomorrow but I managed to catch abit were an agent was offering a player to Liverpool.

The guys at Liverpool stated their interest etc but that was really that but the show seemed to make out Liverpool were up to dirty tricks when really it was harmless.

Associate
Scream said:
I'll watch the whole thing tomorrow but I managed to catch abit were an agent was offering a player to Liverpool.

The guys at Liverpool stated their interest etc but that was really that but the show seemed to make out Liverpool were up to dirty tricks when really it was harmless.

Depends on how you view it. These strict guidelines with regards to when a club can discuss a player whether with the player or his agent. The fact of the matter is that Liverpool were willing to discuss a player with his agent without any consent from the players current club. Any club will know that discussing a players future with an agent without the clubs consent goes against FA rules.

Doubt anything will come of it thou since Liverpool offered no financial package (Simply said they'd be interested) to his agent. Chelsea on the otherhand, but then I suspect the FA will bottle out of it.

I can see this getting swept under the carpet. The fact that the FA only had a single person allocated to looking at rules being broken says something. Anyone would be naive to think bungs don't exist in football but unless the FA decided to clean up the sport (ala the Jockey club) then nothing is going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom