Uni crisis #2 - Certificates?

Consigliere
:(

Okay, on to my second huge crisis... (My halls of residence is sorted and i have a place, yay).

Anyways, it seems my university require certificates when i register. GCSE and A-Level certifcates. I can't find my GCSE ones and i was never given my A-Level certificates. The story with the A-Level certificates is that i turned up, they said they couldn't find mine and so i went to the exams office and got my grades that way on a print out.

So what do i do? I'm sure i won't be the only one that won't have them on the day but it just delays my student loan. =/

Who would it be best to contact? Exam boards? I know my candidate number and centre number if thats helpful...or would the school still have them? AND it's a sunday tomorrow so will these places even be open..plus i would be charged perhaps?

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I didnt have mine when I went to uni, they just said it turned out they didnt need them for everyone (including me) if they have been "verfied" from ucas

Consigliere
OP
Just spoke to a friend from my university and she says that she didn't need her certificates last year...so panic over i think. Also reassuring to know others didn't need them either. :)

Soldato
Some of these things do come to bite you in the ar** afterwards. I strongly recommend you get copies of the certificates. You will be grateful in later years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Shef wanted to see my GCSE/A-level certificates 14 years after I'd taken them. Luckily, I still kept the A-level transcripts so they were accepted. No way was I going to shell out £60 x 3 for each set of results.

Man of Honour
Some of these things do come to bite you in the a** afterwards. I strongly recommend you get copies of the certificates. You will be grateful in later years.

Yep, they're certainly very useful to have just in case. I've not needed mine at uni, but I've certainly needed them a few times for at least two jobs that I've had.

Soldato
Hey, glad your accommodation is sorted :)

I don't universities need the certifications, because they check with UCAS and find out what your grades are. If they are still fussy, you could contact the examining boards (AQA, Edexcel etc) and pay for new copies of them. However, the first copies should have been free and your school/college should have given them to you. If they haven't then I would chase them up, because they could come in useful later on in life :)

Back
Top Bottom