Uni entry requirements

Associate
In your experience, for your average uni, are these set in stone or is there some flexibility?

Would I be right in thinking it depends on the course popularity?

The reason I ask is because I've made some whoopies since finishing school (quit 6th form to do a BTEC computer course - big mistake :() and want to know if I would be able to get away with bodging the remainder of my work, which would mean me missing the entry requirements by about 20-40 points.

Thanks for any opinions.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I was let off by about 20 points. I needed to get an A in both business and IT but ended up with a B in IT (terrible teachers, didn't tell us anything about what we needed to do for the courseworks). :)

Soldato
It really depends on all sorts of things - if it's a heavily over-subscribed course, your references are average and the requirements have been the same for ages then they're less likely to be flexible, if you're impressive in other ways, they've recently increased the standard offer and so on then they're more likely to be flexible.

Having said that, I got into Cambridge having missed my offer (though whether they should have done is another story! :p), so it's probably fair to say that they'll often be flexible. There's obviously no real way of predicting what they'll say unless you contact them or wait and find out.

Man of Honour
As said above, it'll really depend on a few things, generally it'll depend on the School you've applied to, and the undergraduate Admissions Tutor of that school, but also the popularity of the course. If after an interview (if you have an interview that is), the interviewer really likes you, they may give you unconditional offers etc, but that again will depend on the uni and the course.

Back
Top Bottom