unifi USG issue {netflix}

Associate
hi guys
iv had a few issues adopting my usg into my network but iv finally sorted it out ,, all my devices are up and running but i have now found a different issue ,,,,i cant get on to my Netflix app which is built into my lg oled tv to work ,, the netflix red ring just spins for around two minutes then a error pops up saying - netlix error code NW-2-5 , it must be a usg setting ?

funny thing is that it works perfect on my firestick / fire tv and box one s but not on my main lg tv ? can anyone help please ?

thank you guys

It’s probably that the TV hasn’t picked up a new IP address from the router and it’s still using the old router gateway and DNS settings. Whatever the USG subnet is, all the other devices have to be on that subnet.

So if the USG is 192.168.1.1 then the TV needs to be on 192.168.1.x

If your TV is on 192.168.0.x then it can’t see the router on the subnet so whatever the third number is in the Router (gateway) IP address, the TV has to match

Hi mate
The tv is on the correct subnet as far as I can see , the tv is showing up in the controller, YouTube works fine on the same tv ? Iv disconnect from hardwire to WiFi on the tv and still the same ?

Hi mate
The tv is on the correct subnet as far as I can see , the tv is showing up in the controller, YouTube works fine on the same tv ? Iv disconnect from hardwire to WiFi on the tv and still the same ?

So have you changed the subnet on your USG to be 192.168.0.1? With the DHCP range in the 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.254?

just change the DHCP range to start at the next address (I tend to leave a few addresses at the start of a network in case I want to assigned a static IP to other devices) so I would start your DHCP for example at 192.168.0.10 - 254)

Anything that you manually configure an IP for on the device itself (like the USG) you don't then need to tell the controller about it.

hi mate
cheers for that
so can i just confirm this
if i set the DHCP RANGE TO START 192.168.0.10 I COULD THEN us upto 192.168.0.9 for static ips ???
and what if i already have clients / devicces that might have already an ip in that 192.168.0.9
192.168.0.2 range ?

hi mate
cheers for that
so can i just confirm this
if i set the DHCP RANGE TO START 192.168.0.10 I COULD THEN us upto 192.168.0.9 for static ips ???
and what if i already have clients / devicces that might have already an ip in that 192.168.0.9
192.168.0.2 range ?
Yep - as above, they will get kicked off when they come to the end of their lease and get a new IP in your new DHCP range.

If you don't want to wait for that, get them to establish network connection after you have changed your DHCP range, and they will pickup an address in the new range - once all devices have addresses that are not in your static range, you can then start to use it without conflict.

And none of this explains why your TV isn't connecting to Netflix. It might be worth unplugging the cable from the TV and leaving it unplugged for 20 minutes then plug it back in again just in case it's confused itself somehow. Giving it a new IP address wouldn't be a bad idea.

entirely up to you re static addresses - I put things like servers, printers on a static address, and leave DHCP available for general stuff that connects and disappears - phone, tablet, tv etc

Back
Top Bottom