Universal Mac Messenger 6.0 available!

Associate
Messenger for Mac 6.0 makes it easy to take advantage of the full power of instant messaging, and it is a Universal application built to run on both PowerPC-based and Intel-based Macs. This update allows Messenger for Mac users to:
Chat with Yahoo! Messenger contacts
Add a status message that your personal contacts can see
Share what you are listening to in iTunes with your personal contacts
Create, send, and receive custom emoticons with personal contacts
Send and receive custom animated emoticons with personal contacts
Search for conversation histories using Spotlight
Check the spelling in your instant messages

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downlo...n=/mac/download/misc/messenger60_download.xml

errm... not got any photo editing program on OSX yet to remove vitals so can't give you a screenshot. It is MAC themed, no video chat. Pfff!

It feels like Windows MSN Messenger. Haven't test the file transfer yet.

Abit annoyed though, my contacts grouping isn't shown - it's classed into Online and Offline group. Gay.

That's my first impression anyway.

It's quite good, but you can't rename contacts which is a pain :( So i'm sticking with Adium.

Speaking of which they've just released beta 14 yet when it updates it's still beta 13 :confused:

Adium is nice. Very customisable, but it still cannot do simple things like custom emoticons and the extra custom text bit that you can do. If MS put voice/video into their client, then they will have hit the nail on the head!.

Has this literally just come out? I downloaded version 5 today after my Mini arrived, but this is the icing on the switching cake :cool:

Dr Jones said:
Abit annoyed though, my contacts grouping isn't shown - it's classed into Online and Offline group. Gay.

Contact > Sort Contacts By > Group
Contact > Group Offline Contacts Together

Caged said:
Contact > Sort Contacts By > Group
Contact > Group Offline Contacts Together

Yay! Thanks! Okay, this Messenger just scord 1 point closer to perfection...
I wonder why the programmers can't get video chat in this version...

It doesn't look any different to the older MSN messenger to me. Admittedly I haven't used it for many months though. The only real difference I can see is that there's no longer that annoying personal/corporate tab anymore.

I think I'll go back to Adium, I prefer the way my contact list can sit on the desktop.

Back
Top Bottom